unable to run a bios correctly
Hi,

I'm new to pcsx2 and i have a tiny problem. It seems that i can't run my bios correctly here's the message i get in the console:

Load Bios Warning: erom module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:393Mhz, cpuclk:295Mhz detected)
NVM File Not Found , Creating Blank File
NVM File Creation failed!
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Stream exception: (pxInvokeActionEvent) File could not be created or opened.(thread:EE Core)
File/Object: C:\Users\PropriƩtaire\Desktop\Pierre\pcsx2\bios\scph39001.nvm

I'm on the beta version 0.9.7
and there's my BIOS : scph39001

Thank you for your help,

Shevamaster

Sponsored links

the NVM is the "settings" file for your PS2 BIOS, maybe you should check the read/write properties of your bios folder (to make sure its not read-only).
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
most permission related problems can be corrected easily by uninstalling the game from the C:\Program Files folder as any specially protected folder too, like the Documents or Desktop (as any folder under the Users one)... Install it on some user created folder, like C:\Games\PCSX2, for example.

That advise to avoid the C:\Program Files is valid for PC games too, mainly for games that allows mods and 3rth part utilities.

Maybe the problem is something different in your case. I see the emulator is installed in the Desktop and the reasons to avoid keeping folders and files there is more of performance kind. Still you should follow the advise above and install in a common folder. Report back if the problem persists.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Hi,

Thanks to you 2...that helped alot and now i can play...my bios run correctly!
I did change my folder to an other location and it worked!

Thanks,

Shevamaster
Glad it helped, as you see these special folders are "troublemakers" in Vista and 7, and it's not only for PCSX2, it's the same for PC games too. Some games requires being not installed in them (like Oblivion, Fallout 3... actually any modable game should never be installed there), the safer is totally avoiding them for all games.
Imagination is where we are truly real