Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
upgrading your computer confused what to buy
I will talk about the parts that support pcsx2 Biggrin
-1- CPU: pcsx2 don’t support more than 2 cores the meaning if you have a CPU that have more than 2 cores (for example 4 cores ) it will only use 2 of them and left the another 2 un working and you will notice that it will only use 50% of the CPU that a total waste of money Ohmy
-2- ram : pcsx2 don’t use a lot of ram 512 is enough for pcsx2 in XP 2gb is good and vista or 7 3-4gb is good because XP use only 100 mb of ram vista or 7 use a lot Huh so the game speed in XP 1gb = vista or 7 2gb (of course I m taking about pc games )
-3- graphic card : it have to support dx10 for better graphic and the better and the new card will cause increase of the game speed so buy the new
i dont sponsor any one

Sponsored links

1. The latest version actually uses 3 cores, but the third one is only for the gui afaik. So while that isnt much a tri/quad core will outperform a dual core at the same Ghz.

2. 2gb of ram is all you need in windows 7 aswell, although ram isnt that expensive and 4gb is much better when it comes to pc games.

3. A Dx10 card is recommended for sure, but it does not have to be all that powerful to only run games. If increasing resolution to HD standards a powerful card is needed indeed.

4. This is probably not the right forum for this.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
pcsx2 dont support 3 cores (tested) did you read the faq Tongue please dont talk if your not sure pcsx2 Wacko
2 cores do most of the work yes but in the latest version the gui can be used by a 3rd core. Which does almost nothing but still.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
gamergeek's right...
@abdo123 : please don't talk if you're not sure about pcsx2
moved to chatterbox
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
GamerGeek:
It uses a 3rd thread, yeah. Not necessarily a 3rd CPU core.
Even with a demanding game running on a dual core there's ALWAYS cpu cycles left
on one of the cores, which can and will be used to run those extra threads.

abdo123:
Nice try on recommending hardware but people should really decide what to buy based on the
other threads we have here. Your info is too generic and partly wrong (512MB for XP will not be enough for example).
rama: i m sorry i meant that pcsx2 use 512 of ram as maximum but i missed some word i edited the thread Tongue
gamer geek: well i m sory i didnt know that pcsx2 support 3cores but i saw in the faq that it says :" To make PCSX2 efficiently use 3 or more cores will require major code changes. So don't ask when quad-core support will be available, since it won't be anytime soon! However, PCSX2 will run fine on your quad-core processor. It just won't benefit from the extra 2 cores" is it right or Krakatos is wrong Sad