valkyrie profile 2 issue
Hi all,

I have issue related to valkyrie profile 2. but I don't know it is bug or not. So I post here to see if someone encounted it before. The issue is I cannot open the chest. I press down button and then press cross in front of the chest. However, it just swing her sword. So any advice for me? Thank you.

Sponsored links

Huh?????

that's weird there suppose to be the "Check (X)" in the bottom right of your screen....provide your screenshot.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Valkyrie have "ingame" status anyway, its not playable past first town, in the forest after you get that dude to join your party you get so many graphical glitches that its imposible to continue ( only software render works, but on my cpu it gets 20% speed ), also its very demanding and slow game. At least for me.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
VP2 is perfectly playable.
The forest scene happens twice in the game, and you can either sit it out in HW rendering, or switch to software.

There is also no bug related to opening chests, you're doing it wrong somehow Tongue2
I pass the forest just looking at the mini map.

And I saw the game play in youtube. I am surprised that people can press down and cross to open a chest. But I try to do the same...

So I wonder this is related to the disc or whatever, but not the the pcsx2.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you're using speedhacks try turning them off try also hitting the "defaults" button in the "config > advanced" options. It would help if you show us what pcsx2 version and what settings you're using.

As tallbender said there's supposed to be a "Check (X)" message on screen when you're at any openable chests, did you encounter any chest that didnt work before this one?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
^
^
^
^
^
^
look mine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I can't test the game at the moment, but I think you can only open chests while standing (unlike Valkyrie Profile 1, which requires you to open chests crouching). The game automatically makes Alicia crouch to open the chest, if you're wondering why it looks like everyone else crouches in the videos. I would hazard a guess that directional sword attacks override the "smart" feature of X (for daises, shells, etc).
(10-18-2009, 02:09 PM)rama Wrote: VP2 is perfectly playable.
The forest scene happens twice in the game, and you can either sit it out in HW rendering, or switch to software.

:* thank you good man
works great past forest for me, except for cutscenes, some of them work 100%, but other go down to 70%.
Also, do you maybe know any fix for those vertical greenish lines that go trough the screen in some of cutscenes? ( they dont appear on normal gameplay ), im using newest beta, dx10, native res, 8 bit turned off, clamping set to none, 2x EE cycle rate, ITNC and idle loop hack.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
Yeah, that's a blending issue in GSdx that can be hackfixed.

original: bd.BlendOpAlpha = D3D10_BLEND_OP_ADD;
hack: bd.BlendOpAlpha = D3D10_BLEND_OP_MIN;

Don't ask me how to use that information though, nor will I provide compiled dlls.