valkyrie profile 2 issue
Hello, this is my 1st thread so iam not sure this is correct section. i am playing valkyrie profile 2 (iso) and the game runs smoothly with no glitches, but whenever i go to the change attack screen, after i leave it, the game freezes. note that pcsx2 doesnt crash, only the game stops after i exit the change attack screen.
 iam using pcsx2 1.4.0, i attached the log file to this post. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Machine name: USER

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
                Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
                   Memory: 8gb RAM

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 1,2 KB / Downloads: 160)

Sponsored links

Post the log after the game freeze and without closing pcsx2
Also,are you using cheats or widescreen patches(not only now,I'm mean since starting a new game)
Reproduced it. It is, of course, caused by the widescreen hack. I said it before, I'll say it again, that patch should not be distributed with PCSX2. It just causes issues all over the game.
Yeah, There's also a freeze in the sound settings menu I believe when you have the WS patch enabled if I remember correctly.

Overall it's a very buggy game with cheats/WS patches. (the WS patch itself is fine, it's just the game's crappy way of handling it due to the built-in security against cheating)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
It will also freeze during the final boss battle, and probably many other places. I'm not too keen on replaying through the game taking note wherever it breaks. Wink

And saying the WS patch is fine is just arguing semantics. I know it's because of the game's cheat detection, but the end result is that using it will break the game.