valkyrie profile 2, sort of issue
its not really a big thing but i can't seem to fix it >.< (and that says alot lol)

when entering a battle just before you can walk and give commands the game drastically lowers the fps (20~) and goes back up again.
i figure that the screen is giving a double render image because just before that slowdown part you see the intro of the battle ''meld'' with the starting posistion screen (you see your party and the enemy in the intro at the sam etime) when you played the game you know what i mean by this, kinda hard to explain Tongue

this is slightly annoying because the sound it produces also lowers (obviously) but it is not a big deal as i mentioned but if it could be fixed why not right? xD
no matter how much speedhacks i throw at it (combined with my i5, 4 ghz and gtx 480 its quite overkilling already lol) it still does this (even with fps limiter off)

pretty funny to see from 181fps to 20 when a battle starts tho Tongue

happens with all revisons btw

Sponsored links

post GSdx.ini please? (contents)
here you go Smile

[Settings]
UserHacks_MSAA=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=1
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SpriteHack=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=1
UserHacks_WildHack=0
UserHacks_AggressiveCRC=0
UserHacks_AlphaStencil=0
UserHacks_DisableCrcHacks=0
Adapter=default
Renderer=3
Interlace=7
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=3
filter=2
paltex=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=0
resx=1200
resy=1200
extrathreads=4
ShadeBoost=1
UserHacks=1

if i forgot something, just say the word Smile
set paltex to 1, might help
(10-21-2012, 01:43 AM)Saiki Wrote: set paltex to 1, might help

what does it do?
not entirely sure, I just know sometimes it helps
(10-21-2012, 02:20 AM)Saiki Wrote: not entirely sure, I just know sometimes it helps

just tested it and im not sure, if it helped or not, it seems the problem is gone for certain encounters in certain area's so in a snesne it helped Tongue

is it wise to keep this setting enabled for all games or just for this game?
I noticed that frame drop myself back when I played through the game.
Part of it was from too frequent EE rec resets (which we fixed) and part of it
is still unknown. It probably is recompiling a lot of code before it can run new frames
and the delay is too big to make it smooth.
fps drops are normal from time to time. i get them a lot. the important thing is you can mostly play at normal speeds
(10-22-2012, 12:37 PM)solidus Wrote: fps drops are normal from time to time. i get them a lot. the important thing is you can mostly play at normal speeds

not on my pc it isnt.