video cards for pcsx 0.9.6
i have heard about this emulator from the forums i go to
http://www.tinkernut.com/archives/712

and i would like to ask what pci express graphics card would run 60fps for mlb 09 the show

Sponsored links

Nop ... PCsx2 run CPU based more then GPU.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
most ps2 games are much more cpu than gpu demanding, any decent graphics card should be enough if your cpu is at least a 3.2 ghz core2duo or similar. and btw, unlike the author of the video you linked to states, downloading the ps2 bios is illegal, even for "testing purposes".
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
pcsx2 can't get the source code from nvidia or ati.
so pcsx2 run CPU based more then GPU..............
(06-17-2009, 05:48 AM)arthas55 Wrote: pcsx2 can't get the source code from nvidia or ati.

erm, i will not ask what ominous ati or nvidia source code you mean, but please don't spread any myths about pcsx2 emulation. it's just the type of tasks involved in ps2 emulation that favor the use of the cpu, it's simply faster that way. only the emulation of the ps2's gpu "graphics synthesizer" can be accelerated by your gpu (e.g. with gsdx hardware mode), because there the tasks involved favor the use of your gpu.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-17-2009, 06:25 AM)zero29 Wrote:
(06-17-2009, 05:48 AM)arthas55 Wrote: pcsx2 can't get the source code from nvidia or ati.

erm, i will not ask what ominous ati or nvidia source code you mean, but please don't spread any myths about pcsx2 emulation. it's just the type of tasks involved in ps2 emulation that favor the use of the cpu, it's simply faster that way. only the emulation of the ps2's gpu "graphics synthesizer" can be accelerated by your gpu (e.g. with gsdx hardware mode), because there the tasks involved favor the use of your gpu.

well , I just want PCSX2 to be better and better......
If i say something,forget it...TongueTongue

But I know the ps2 GPU is different to cpmputer GPU.
like CISC and RISC ...but if we can get the source code.
we can emulation ps2 gpu then don't need more strong CPU anymore...
(06-17-2009, 06:35 AM)arthas55 Wrote: well , I just want PCSX2 to be better and better......

no problem Smile it's true that the architecture of the ps2 and with it it's processors are very different compared to personal computers and its components. this is why the emulation of the ps2 on a pc is that complex and demanding. there is without a doubt still much potential for speed improvements, but the heavy reliance on raw cpu power will probably stay. and more in depth knowledge of the ps2 gpu would probably lead to better compatibility with more games, but not necessarily to more speed.
(06-17-2009, 06:35 AM)arthas55 Wrote:

It's not nearly as simple as you may think.

Your common consumer-grade CPU and GPU are built to run very different types of code, and both will remain important. They work together to run at acceptable speeds, you're never going to see a significant decrease in the importance of one without some radical shift in the other.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(06-17-2009, 07:56 AM)echosierra Wrote:
(06-17-2009, 06:35 AM)arthas55 Wrote:

It's not nearly as simple as you may think.

Your common consumer-grade CPU and GPU are built to run very different types of code, and both will remain important. They work together to run at acceptable speeds, you're never going to see a significant decrease in the importance of one without some radical shift in the other.

it just a imagine,may be it's error Fundamentally.
pcsx2 run in dx10 is faster than dx9.
and the log of dx10 update,
in DX10,some complex work are based on GPU, for example ,OpenAL in vista.
so CPU has more free time to do other things.

if PCSX2 already made it truth inDX10 mode...don't mind it...HappyHappy
I more interest for gpu directx.11 compatible since that feature is more compatible with multi threading application and have shader v.5. Can pcsx2 emulation or gsdx plugin get an advantage with that? That hope.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.