wasn't the devs working on their own bios for the ps2?
Question 
I wanted to post this in the dev section but i could not make new thread their. Anyways, I'm sure i remember seeing somewhere that the devs were working on their own custom ps2 bios. I think it was on the pcsx2 Wikipedia page. Has the development of this custom bios stopped? If so was it because of copyright or legal issues?
Q8300 @ 3.0GHz | Radeon HD 5770 | Windows 7 64-bit

Sponsored links

I believe that it might have been in development, but that was years ago before PCSX2 was even 0.9.0.

I do not know why they stopped.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
The original developer left the team so it got halted, occasionally people have picked it up and attempted to do stuff with it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If i someday strengthen my programming skills enough, may i have a go at it?Mellow If you don't mind me asking, what is the overall status of the project? Is it even close to halfway done, nearly finished or barely started?
interesting. never really seen that since I started bugging with pcsx2 code. so... question for me is what I could do with it. is it just another look or extra functionality? and how to code that? is that r5900 code or injected in x86?

just wanna know. Smile
(08-26-2011, 07:39 PM)XS Butter Wrote: If i someday strengthen my programming skills enough, may i have a go at it?Mellow If you don't mind me asking, what is the overall status of the project? Is it even close to halfway done, nearly finished or barely started?

It's open source, you can do what you like ;p if you fix it up, let us know xD
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeh - I would be more than happy to see the free BIOS completed. If I try to track down people for information about rare games - their serial, CRC, compatibility, and such, I'm sure sending them a legal free BIOS would be a lot less intimidating to try and extract that information than a guide to extract the BIOS over LAN/USB, heh.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
It's pretty pointless, doing high level emulation for the bios and iop modules is more practical (but still quite pointless). I think whoever was working on this didn't understand the scope of the project.
(08-26-2011, 08:55 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Yeh - I would be more than happy to see the free BIOS completed. If I try to track down people for information about rare games - their serial, CRC, compatibility, and such, I'm sure sending them a legal free BIOS would be a lot less intimidating to try and extract that information than a guide to extract the BIOS over LAN/USB, heh.
yeah like Sony is going to allow it Laugh

(08-26-2011, 08:53 PM)refraction Wrote: It's open source, you can do what you like ;p if you fix it up, let us know xD

Ninja

(08-26-2011, 11:20 PM)abdo123 Wrote: yeah like Sony is going to allow it Laugh

Is this true? Could the completion of such a project raise any complications or legal issues with Sony? Because if so then i guess we should all pack our bags and go home Smile