well im building a new computer and....
well i was wondering what the pcsx formus thought as well as a couple others, i will definitively be using this comouter for playing pcsx2 but will be using it also for photoshop and other new video games! and well here it goes!

im going to be using this motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
this processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...ackEdition
these memorys: might even double them later on...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820220371
and i already have a 550 watt power supply, a tb harddrive, and a one of these for a vid card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

i still havent decided what kind of case i should get still searching around, all in all i was wondering if you guys/gals think this processor would run pcsx no prob? or what

Sponsored links

Processor is good, I have an X3 720 BE which is basically the same processor with 1 core disabled. Great overclockers, and I haven't had any game unplayable from lack of CPU power from the collection I have. Just make sure you have a good video card to round that out or even the best processor in the wordl won't get you full speed.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Good choice of hardware, but populate those dimms correctly. Tricky with ddr3 and 4 slots. Judging by sys. req., you should be fine. Get 6 gb ram instead though. Honestly, people build rigs with that stuff for more things than just an emulator.
(11-14-2009, 12:33 AM)snoman Wrote: Good choice of hardware, but populate those dimms correctly. Tricky with ddr3 and 4 slots. Judging by sys. req., you should be fine. Get 6 gb ram instead though. Honestly, people build rigs with that stuff for more things than just an emulator.

Maybe you should have actually looked at the mobo he's chosen before offering him advice that doesn't make sense. Specifically the part where it says that it only supports dual channel. 6GB over 4GB won't give him any advantage... at least not over eventually upgrading to 8GB in 2 dual-channel sets.
[Image: 2748844.png]
You won't need more than 4GB in most games anyway. You might want more ram if you will be using photoshop. (especially with high resolution images.) If photoshop tickles your fancy you might as well go all out and get 8GB ram. (also the x64 OS to take advantage of the ram.) I would also look into your PSU. What brand is it? and does it have the 80+ efficiency logo? It may have 550 watt max load, but if it isn't efficient you will have problems. An inefficient 550w PSU may output at 350-400w max power which honestly, will not be enough to run your system stable. your CPU is 125w version and especially if you plan on OC'ing (which would be a waste if you don't.) it will use even more.

Not to mention your GPU is also power hungry. All of this hardware together will definitely tax your PSU. I would look into what brand PSU you have, AND it's efficiency level. If it's not good enough you will NEED a new PSU. If you do need one, might I suggest Antec, Corsair, or Tt PSU's. I spent $160 on my Antec True Power Quattro 850, but it's worth every penny! 850W with 85%+ efficiency and modular cabling. My pc can breathe air from a huge valley with this thing. As for a case, HANDS DOWN get the Antec Nine Hundred case. It's the best damn case around. It has plenty of room for large GPU's and tons of fans for airflow. (not to mention the huge 200mm fan on top blowing air into cpu cooler.)

Also I do want to mention that if you have plans to OC, (which you should, because that CPU is a nice OC'er) you NEED an aftermarket cooler. The stock cooler that comes with the CPU's (both Intel and AMD) are complete garbage and can barely handle cooling in stock speeds. Might I suggest the Zalman 9000-series CPU coolers. And do NOT skimp on the thermal paste. AS 5 is a bit expensive, but it shaves off 5-10c on avg. Be careful to also put the right amount of paste on the cpu. A pea sized amount will do the job.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |