Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happens with the speed hacks
MMM just nothing,wondering how about some more speed hacks, i know they aint easy to do but what the hell they are pretty good,and i miss some moreHappy

Sponsored links

We are trying to cut down on speed hacks and hacks in general not increase them....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
the ones that are there more than suffice for most games. the only 2 I seem to use are ee1.5 and IOPx2 this gives me a decent framerate on my rig
I think that the vu-skip was a great deal,and now that is off,a lot of games have decreased fps,sometimes so much that i have to play them on older revs XD
Use frame skip...
(08-16-2009, 08:26 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Use frame skip...

Yeah but the game gets flashy i you do that Blink
You're better off trying to find some good settings for current revs.
Well from what I encountered VU01 dynarec is the one and only bottleneck of the emulator and
90% of the time when the CPU usage counter goes over 90% it's the fault of the VU recompiler.

I dunno if vu-skip took the load off the VU dynarec but it would help if there was something that
could do that. This goes especially for those heavy CPU dependant games like Dragon Quest 8.

And please don't get me wrong, as I'm not complainig here, just pointing out something that
may or may not help in future develpoment of the emulator.
(08-16-2009, 08:28 PM)diegochiha Wrote:
(08-16-2009, 08:26 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Use frame skip...

Yeah but the game gets flashy i you do that Blink

Happens if certain speedhacks (i.e vu steal) are on. Can't have both.
like VU steal flashes the Kratos Smile but increases the fps