Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats your normal fps in pcsx2? and list your specs
list your average pcsx2 fps and computer specs here.

Example:
i get an average of 120fps is most games

average: 110-120fps

pcsx2 settings: gsdx sse2 dx10/11, resoluion 2560x1600
all speed hacks on

pcsx2 version:r984

system specs:

6gb ddr2 ram

amd athlon ll x2 dual core 235e 3.1ghz overclocked

750gb hdd 7200 rpm

ati radeon hd 5770 1gb sapphire overclocked

APEVIA psu 700watts

*this thread is more of a comparison thread, to compare your fps too others too see where you stand. and also too help others who have decent specs but not decent fps*
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.

Sponsored links

This makes no sense. If you play games like FFX, Kingdom Hearts etc (AKA easy to emulate games) your average will be 200 fps, while if with the same system you try Gran Turismo 4,Tekken 5 and Metal Gear Solid 3 (AKA hard to emulate games) your average will be 20 fps. See what I mean?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-23-2010, 12:47 AM)Bositman Wrote: This makes no sense. If you play games like FFX, Kingdom Hearts etc (AKA easy to emulate games) your average will be 200 fps, while if with the same system you try Gran Turismo 4,Tekken 5 and Metal Gear Solid 3 (AKA hard to emulate games) your average will be 20 fps. See what I mean?

yes but ive played 4 games on pcsx2 and so far ive gotten the exact amount of fps on 3 out of 4 of those games that's why i said average

(09-23-2010, 12:47 AM)Bositman Wrote: This makes no sense. If you play games like FFX, Kingdom Hearts etc (AKA easy to emulate games) your average will be 200 fps, while if with the same system you try Gran Turismo 4,Tekken 5 and Metal Gear Solid 3 (AKA hard to emulate games) your average will be 20 fps. See what I mean?

also i said that this is a help thread and if a user sees another user playing a game at a high frame rate with similar or better specs and they are getting lower frames rates with the same game then they can get a little help on that.
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
I average about 52 to 60 FPS with all of the following games, @ 3x scaling:

Dragon Quest VIII (8)
Dot Hack (All 4)
Dot Hack G.U. (all three & Terminal Disk)
Final Fantasy X (10)
Final Fantasy XII (12)
Star Ocean**
Tales of the Abyss
Wild Arms Alter Code: F
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 4 (GSDx *3623 fixes the lighting issue)
Wild Arms 5

PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3113)
vsync off.
NTSC Framerate Limiter @ 60 FPS.
GSdx 3068 (or) *3623, sse2, Direct X 10/11 with Windows 7.
Speedhacks: Only the Three [Recommended] ones.
2x1 GB of DDR II 800 MHz Ram (2 GB total in Dual Channel mode)
All other specs in my sig.

I'm CPU Limited. I am STILL saving muh pennies up for a nice i5 760 CPU/mobo/ram/aftermarket heatsink.
I plan to overclock it to 4 GHz and use my 1 GB GTX 460 as my video card.

*You can get GSdx 3623 from the August 2010 Plugin Update Pack.
**With Star Ocean, I have to set VU Cycle Stealing to "2", but I still don't get smooth 60 FPS gameplay often enough to warrant playing this game all the way through, until after I can upgrade my CPU to the i5 760.
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
(09-23-2010, 12:53 AM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: yes but ive played 4 games on pcsx2 and so far ive gotten the exact amount of fps on 3 out of 4 of those games that's why i said average

Well that much is stupid... 4 games are not even close to make an accurate average... 4 games are nowhere close to "most games" as you claimed...

Bositman is right... if i had tried only the 4 .hack// games my average would be 150FPS, if i had tried Primal, Zone of Enders 2 and Suikoden III my average would be 40FPS... (hell... from the last 3 games the average would be 25-100fps depending on the scene...)

So what? My average would be 40-150FPS from all the 7 games? And that's not even taking in count settings for the particular games and that you can't really play games 4x speed or 1/3x speed... that average is useless...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
#1: You don't give a proper frame of reference... You say you tried all of 4 games? How many PS2 games do you think there are? You didn't even list the games you did get your framerates on... Your methodology lacks any sort of scientific basis and is therefore not useful.

#2: While you did list the PCSX2 version, it's a version that is already YEARS old and is therefore not ideal for testing purposes.

#3: "*this thread is more of a comparison thread, to compare your fps too others too see where you stand. and also too help others who have decent specs but not decent fps*" Where in this thread do you offer any sort of advice to handle the third part of your thread?

Now, I'm not trying to flame you... but everything in this thread has been tried before and done in more sophisticated ways. We understand that you're a new user to the forums and very excited to contribute, but please try to take more time and possibly do some searches to see if a topic has already been sufficiently covered. Protip: Anything having to do with PCSX2 performance probably already has Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-23-2010, 03:15 AM)Koji Wrote: #1: You don't give a proper frame of reference... You say you tried all of 4 games? How many PS2 games do you think there are? You didn't even list the games you did get your framerates on... Your methodology lacks any sort of scientific basis and is therefore not useful.

#2: While you did list the PCSX2 version, it's a version that is already YEARS old and is therefore not ideal for testing purposes.

#3: "*this thread is more of a comparison thread, to compare your fps too others too see where you stand. and also too help others who have decent specs but not decent fps*" Where in this thread do you offer any sort of advice to handle the third part of your thread?

Now, I'm not trying to flame you... but everything in this thread has been tried before and done in more sophisticated ways. We understand that you're a new user to the forums and very excited to contribute, but please try to take more time and possibly do some searches to see if a topic has already been sufficiently covered. Protip: Anything having to do with PCSX2 performance probably already has Wink

okay i get number 1

number 2: the version i use works better than the newest version i even borrowed some of my friends old ps2 games and played it and compared it to the newest version
i end up missing 25-30fps

and actualy the games i borrowed were some of the ones that my 2nd response listed
i have less the pc specs yet i get 10-15 more fps with the settings the 2nd user has i am going to do more research on this and find out why.

number 3
yes im new but could not find any thread like this one except the final fantasy one.

but clearly there are more ps2 games than just that one, this threads purpose is mainly to help like say a user searching for why there getting low fps with there game and with there specs and trys too find out why.
they end up at this page and might find the game there playing and seeing how many fps others are getting and what they need too do too fix there problem

this thread is to help eliminate other threads of people asking why they are getting low fps or fragmentation's ect ect

(09-23-2010, 03:52 AM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: this threads purpose is mainly to help like say a user searching for why there getting low fps with there game and with there specs and trys too find out why.

How exactly?
A user is getting 45 FPS in Tekken 5, finds this thread where it says you with the same hardware is getting 120fps average in your games (with all speedhacks on which will probably break everyone else's games anyway)... how does that help him?
It's not even the same game for sure... so the answer is... "you're getting low speed cause it's not the same games I've tried"...

If that user instead searches in the forums for "Tekken" I'm sure there are plenty other threads talking about low performance in that game and how to get better...
Maybe the user doesnt use search and instead posts a new thread asking for help like many others before and go figure he might actually get help.

Quote:this thread is to help eliminate other threads of people asking why they are getting low fps or fragmentation's ect ect

But how?

Check the screenshots/videos thread, it has people showing their specs, settings (usually Tongue2) and how much speed or how playable a game is. Is that what you want to do?
There's also a wiki page where anyone can contribute too with settings for their games...

But how does an "average FPS" thread help? I may just be missing the point somewhere but... how?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-wiki
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...ideos-here
(09-23-2010, 04:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(09-23-2010, 03:52 AM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: this threads purpose is mainly to help like say a user searching for why there getting low fps with there game and with there specs and trys too find out why.

How exactly?
A user is getting 45 FPS in Tekken 5, finds this thread where it says you with the same hardware is getting 120fps average in your games (with all speedhacks on which will probably break everyone else's games anyway)... how does that help him?
It's not even the same game for sure... so the answer is... "you're getting low speed cause it's not the same games I've tried"...

If that user instead searches in the forums for "Tekken" I'm sure there are plenty other threads talking about low performance in that game and how to get better...
Maybe the user doesnt use search and instead posts a new thread asking for help like many others before and go figure he might actually get help.

Quote:this thread is to help eliminate other threads of people asking why they are getting low fps or fragmentation's ect ect

But how?

Check the screenshots/videos thread, it has people showing their specs, settings (usually Tongue2) and how much speed or how playable a game is. Is that what you want to do?
There's also a wiki page where anyone can contribute too with settings for their games...

But how does an "average FPS" thread help? I may just be missing the point somewhere but... how?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-wiki
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...ideos-here

thats why other users who want too answer this thread is supposed too list there game or games that there playing, and list there hardware, settings and fps

so if another person who has a problem and there more of a noob to pcsx2 can find hopefully find there game and what the persons hardware is and there setting, so that way the noob can go ahead and fure out what he/she needs too do.

in simpler terms its like when you want to play a pc game
you usually go online and find the requirements for it and figure out what you need inorder to play that game.

maybe i should re write this thread explaining that...
im just trying to make more of a system requirements page

(09-23-2010, 04:34 AM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: thats why other users who want too answer this thread is supposed too list there game or games that there playing, and list there hardware, settings and fps

So... like the screenshots/videos thread... there's one of those already just take one of two screenshots and there you go you can post... but still has nothing really to do with an "average FPS in 4 games" thread Tongue2