which is better for quality
I can scale games perfect to 6x but they slow down considerably when I do AA(Anti-Aliasing)
I was wondering would it be good to have AA on with lower scaling like 4x-5x or just to have AA off?

Sponsored links

I don't know, I have read that there is no much of a difference between 3x from 6x (or something like that). So I would suggest lowering scaling and enable AA. That's my opinion though, others with more knowledge than me may give you better suggestions. Smile
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

Just have AA off in my opinion. It's not even compatible with some games, and causes huge slowdowns.

At 6x res, AA doesn't do much of anything noticable anyway.

Try both, see what you like more.

What game are you playing though? Must have a great computer to be running at 6x native. My computer gets slightly choppy at 6x res, even though it tells me it can run at ~ 90fps with framelimiter off at that res.
Didn't know that AA could brake some games :s anyway... learned something new Smile
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

Yea I turned off AA I tested it out a bit and it didnt do much and my computer has around the same specs and the one on your sig. except the Cpu I got an i5 overclocked to around 3.8ghz. and I have two 560ti but I had to turn SLi off for the emulator to work right. The game I tried this on was kingdom hearts 1 I'm going to try it on other games
The game you're playing must not be very demanding then. I can run at 6x native in Kingdom Hearts 2, but it's still kinda choppy for no evident reason. KH 1 is probably easier on the system than KH 2 though.

If you can get 6x scaling then just forget AA. In KH2 it causes weird black lines, graphical errors, and a huge slowdown even on specs like mine - so it'd make sense if it doesn't work well with KH1 either.

I think it's a sprite problem that has occurred in other games in the past (because it only happens around characters) but the sprite hack which counters this (also in the HW hacks, read it's description) has not been updated to work with KH yet, if it ever will be.

giorgakis132 Wrote:Didn't know that AA could brake some games anyway... learned something new

I've never run into a game it actually totally broke, but yes it can cause just about any kind of error.
Oh yea I saw those lines and I was wondering what was going on. but yea I switch to 5x scaling because KH1 started slowing down when i opened up the menu. I don't notice much of a difference between 4x-6x
That's odd - menus are normally less hard on a system than the game itself is.

But yeah, this is all why AA is part of the unrecommened hacks.

I hope that the devs can update the sprite hack for KH though.
Since you play Kh alot do you know if theres something I can do to improve the blur effect they use in the game mostly in cut scenes? it looks odd compared to the original.
There should be an option for Final Fantasy about the blur, don't know if it works with KH. I haven't noticed any wierd blur tough.