which plugins should I be using + misc.
Graphics - GSdx 2404 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15 (SSE2 is the highest my computer supports)
Sound - SPU2-X r2393 1.3.0
Controller - LilyPad svn (r2363) 0.10.0
Cdvdrom - Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0

are these the most up-to-date, most compatible plugins of the moment? I'm playing the .hack games. and a few questions.

1.) are any of the advanced options going to help me?
2.) speedhacks? so far I just set as many on as possible that don't produce any errors or graphical anomalies.
3.) gamefixes? do any of these improve anything on games they are not listed for?
4.) should I just leave sound on the default settings? I've messed around with it before and nothing seems to change at all.
5.) what do "analog" and "mouse" mean under controllers?
6.) which is generally the best interlacing option to use?
7.) lastly, under graphics, what are "allow 8-bit textures", "wait vsync", and "enable output merger blur effect"?

thank you!

EDIT a question I forgot to ask, as work progresses on PCSX2 will the system requirements possibly lower a bit? I'm running the games I want fine, but I have an Athlon II X2 2.8GHz and a HD4670, so it's not top of the line stuff.

Sponsored links

For the mouse button, see docs. Available in the plugin section.

Analog simulates the DS2's analog button, unsurprisingly.
(01-14-2010, 04:35 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: For the mouse button, see docs. Available in the plugin section.

Analog simulates the DS2's analog button, unsurprisingly.

oh yeah... I forgot about that button >.<
U do realize using speedhacks sometimes only gives more FPS than normal but nothing is actually happening and BRO I know what it feels like to have a processor that only supports till SSE2.'cuz right now I have got an Intel Celeron 3.2 GHz and to get good FPS you need a Dual core or equivalent.Forgot to mention but I am using Ati Radeon 4650.I also sometimes get good FPS on some games while really low on others.
So, what I am trying to say is speedhacks don't always work too nicely.For e.g. when I play DBZ BT3 I get about 14 to 18 Fps but while playing Tekken 5 I get 20 to 25 Fps.
(01-14-2010, 12:35 PM)Speedy42 Wrote: U do realize using speedhacks sometimes only gives more FPS than normal but nothing is actually happening and BRO I know what it feels like to have a processor that only supports till SSE2.'cuz right now I have got an Intel Celeron 3.2 GHz and to get good FPS you need a Dual core or equivalent.Forgot to mention but I am using Ati Radeon 4650.I also sometimes get good FPS on some games while really low on others.
So, what I am trying to say is speedhacks don't always work too nicely.For e.g. when I play DBZ BT3 I get about 14 to 18 Fps but while playing Tekken 5 I get 20 to 25 Fps.

I'm not entirely sure what any of them actually do, if I knew what they did I'd only put on the ones that were worth a darn. As it stands though, I just tried to put on one at a time and see if there were any errors or if the frame rate highered or lowered. But yeah, I know some of them won't really help. My processor is Dual-Core also, that's what the X2 means I believe. Either way it's Dual-Core.
With the processor that you have (An athlon II is a phenom II without an L3 cache), overclocking it will give you sure-fire improvements. That is, if you are willing on doing that.
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
yeah, I decided after putting the money that I had into my computer I wasn't going to monkey with anything, just gonna leave everything stock, I know enough about computers, but not enough to feel comfortable overclocking. I really don't need any improvements either, both games that I want to run, run at 55-60fps. I just like knowing that I have all my settings set correctly for efficiency.
any else? sorry I asked so many questions, just kinda ocd, I like learning these things and understanding what everything does.
Well, the setting of pcsx2 is really game dependent. What I usually do is to start the game without any speedhacks because the less speedhacks used the better generally. If I run into problems, I will start with the search button, and if the problems is speed related, I will start turning on speedhacks one by one and see for improvements. For the graphic, I leave everything uncheck and set internal resolution 1024x1024 with scaling x2. if I encounter graphic glitch, I will try changing scaling to x1 which is the 1024x1024, and if the only way to get rid of the glitch is to use native, I will play the game with my ps2 unless I want to cheat.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit