why??????
I know my computer isnt the best for this emulator however it runs most games pretty decently, however, sometimes the games randomly act as if im playing with a crappier computer than i am. For instance i was playing okami yesterday and was suprised at how nice it looked and ran. I go to play it again today and now there are shadows everywhere. Why do games run ok and then all of a sudden not run ok. im not posting my specs cuz id like insight into this problem not insight on how my computer is bad and all the other nonsense people want to compare sizes with.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The same game doesn't run great on Monday but lousy on Tuesday. If it looks different, then you probably changed some settings between the runs. It it runs in different speeds then maybe you have heating problem, or, again, maybe you changed some settings which affect speed.
Alternatively, you can see his specs on his profile, but anyway there might be only one reason why this happens, overheating or background processing that is hogging up cpu usage.
Should not be discarded the possibility of some power saving plan throttling down the CPU.
Imagination is where we are truly real
idk guys, i havent changed any settings and its on high performance. I found a thread dealing with the issue specifically. might have to find a usa bios. anyway thanks for the suggestions.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Okami-gra...lem?page=2
Could be a virus too.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(02-13-2014, 01:50 AM)borninbred Wrote: might have to find a usa bios. anyway thanks for the suggestions.

That thread is almost 4 years old... Would not think that anything that is stated there is still true.
And you would actually be the first person to find a difference between different bios versions concerning playing games.

It is more probable that in his case he had a bad bios-dump if that really solved the problem.

In your case avih's suggestion of a heating problem sounds quite helpful as you seem to use a notebook. And if you put your notebook on a desk or on a pillow would easily make the difference.

But if you don't want to provide more information, how should one help you?