why has it suddenly slowed down?
for 2 days i have been playing FFX at 30-51 fps which i thought was pretty decent but now today it has been going at 10fps when im exploring and stuff but when i go on menus it goes up to about 20fps ..can anyone help me get back to the speed i was going at?

Sponsored links

PC specs? pcsx2 settings?

It's probable you have a overheating issue... or some software running in the background, maybe a power saving feature kicking in, can be many things really.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
well i havent changed settings since yesterday
and pc specs:-
Vista (Doesn't make much difference but everyone hates it so i thought i wouldd add it lol)
Intel core 2 duo (2CPUs 2GHz)
2GB ram
DirectX 10
Nvidea Geforce 8400M GS
i think thats all you need..
and its not overheating my laptop is barely warm atm.
it isnt 2cpu 2GHZ
its 1 CPU that can do 2 threads at 2ghz each

anyways you can try overclocking the GPU with nTune since its very slow (its directx10 card but can barely handle it), same issues on DX9?
besides that either than wrong settings i dont know what causes it
[Image: 1454055.png]
its 2 cpus....
(10-04-2009, 09:20 PM)smelly22 Wrote: its 2 cpus....

2 Central Processing Units and 2 Cores are completely different. Unless you do have a computer that literally has 2 CPUs...
oh yer my bad 2 cores =P lol just realised what i said
i have tried playing with speed hack stuff and graphics things but on FFX the exploring bit wont go above 15fps but the menus do go up from 25 to 30 fps but from pressing run to actually the first menu of FFX its about 40 fps....

i know its not my cpu thats making it slow as pcsx2 says that its only using 15% cpu and task manager only says its using 55% of the cpu and its not even using half the memory..
Delete all the ini files in your Ini directory inside the Pcsx2 folder, and start again.
If it's still slow then the problem lies with either your laptop or Vista or both.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
Please, the difference between 2 cores and 2 cpus is 90% semantics, and 10% to do with shared L1/L2 caches (slower) and a more tightly coupled interlocking mechanism (faster). If you guys are going to argue semantics at least bother to do it after you've addressed the real issue. Tongue2

And the real issue is that this is an extremely common occurrence on dual core laptops. The power miser methods of the laptop tend to wreak havoc on PCSX2's dual core optimizations. When the CPU side of PCSX2 becomes limited, the GPU thread usage drops (that's the value you see in the status bar that says 15% -- it's the GPU side of PCSX2 only) because it's waiting on the CPU side to catch up. When your total CPU usage drops below like 60%, your laptop throttles its speed to like 1.2ghz, and you lose half your fps.

If you can, disable Speedstep and/or C1E in your bios (some laptops don't allow it). This will cause your lappy to use lots of power and run really hot, and will basically shorten its life. But it'll get PCSX2 running fast again. Wink
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(10-04-2009, 10:41 PM)Air Wrote: Please, the difference between 2 cores and 2 cpus is 90% semantics, and 10% to do with shared L1/L2 caches (slower) and a more tightly coupled interlocking mechanism (faster). If you guys are going to argue semantics at least bother to do it after you've addressed the real issue. Tongue2

And the real issue is that this is an extremely common occurrence on dual core laptops. The power miser methods of the laptop tend to wreak havoc on PCSX2's dual core optimizations. When the CPU side of PCSX2 becomes limited, the GPU thread usage drops (that's the value you see in the status bar that says 15% -- it's the GPU side of PCSX2 only) because it's waiting on the CPU side to catch up. When your total CPU usage drops below like 60%, your laptop throttles its speed to like 1.2ghz, and you lose half your fps.

If you can, disable Speedstep and/or C1E in your bios (some laptops don't allow it). This will cause your lappy to use lots of power and run really hot, and will basically shorten its life. But it'll get PCSX2 running fast again. Wink
aaah i dnt wanna super heat my laptop just to play this... it already gets hot sometimes so doing this would kill it..
but y does it work well on other games? and u said when its below 60% so if i pile a load of programs up will it work better? as this somehow seems to fix other games that r laggy...i usually stress my laptop when i first play it when i log on which stops lag on fps games