Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
why is Vuskip mode removed?(vuskip enabled builds added)
edited:
Hey guys , i got good new for ya, one of my friends game me a link which actually contained the latest builds with Vuskip and other speed hacks (including X3 hack ) all enabled! this guy rocks! thanks to him, i am now able to play Bloody ROar 3 at FULL fps , and Tekken 5 at 40 to 50( in some stages) fps .THis is a dream! every one A BIg thanks to you !
check this out :
link :

(The actual place is :
pm me for the links
with lots of other emulators including dolfine , pcsx 1 (rerecoding! )and etc)
( by the way i got this fps with build 1159 , the current build this nice guy has uploaded is r1165 )
============================

hello all, first of all let me thank all of you developers and other PCSX2 staff , i do really appreciate your efforts and Great work on Pcsx2 specially for the recent breakthrough in emulation and of course its speed.

and second i just wanted to know if it is possible for you guys to let that Vuskip mode remain there! you know because of your recent efforts and thus the recent speed boost in Pcsx2 , i and many other people out there were having a great time , using vuskip! cause it would give us capability to gain more speed .
personally using vuskip mode ( 1 1 ) allowed me to expericne 40 fps in tekken 5 that i could have never dreamed of it!(i used to get only 12 fps! and using vuskip mode ( 1 2) about 22 fps!(very slow and poor)) plus couple of other games that i own!

and it was all till pcsx2 svn 1099 , and after that i couldnt see vuskip mode! it really made me sad! i know that i dont have any rights to ask you anything!
but you know i hoped i could ask you to let us have it again . it is a great great favor to us .

Thank you very very much for everything! that you gave us for free
God bless ya all

Sponsored links

Because new VU stealing seedhack much stable and better than evil VU skip. Also code cleaning help to made new frameskip mode more reliable. So VU skip now is history.
thanks for the reply ,
but frameskip messes everything up for me!i would appreciate if you removed that instead of Vu skip! but is there anyway that we ourselves can make it! ? i mean easy way that when we compile the svns we let the vuskip be there!?
No way. Use VU stealing speedhack.
Well I see more bad than good about replacing VU-Skip with VU Stealing.When I use Frame Skipping and VU Stealing(to a point that I get any use of it...max)the whole screen flashed constantly + the frame skipping is terrible(it's not playable at all with vu stealing and frame skipping)compared to only VU-Skip.

With only VU Skipping is a lot better than only Frame skipping(adding VU Stealing to frame skipping makes the whole screen or part of it flash constantly)
One game already i knew was not good with vucycle stealing is Wild Arms5. I tryed this game with pcsx2 r.1059, i got bad stutters repeatedly with vucycle stealing but run fine with vuskip. I dont know if in latest beta already solved this problem and more compatible for vucycle stealing. In my opinion as far as vuskip is only an option without give bad effect with programming code in other side then to delete vuskip mode in pcsx2 is not good choiche.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(05-08-2009, 02:49 PM)vsub Wrote: Well I see more bad than good about replacing VU-Skip with VU Stealing.When I use Frame Skipping and VU Stealing(to a point that I get any use of it...max)the whole screen flashed constantly + the frame skipping is terrible(it's not playable at all with vu stealing and frame skipping)compared to only VU-Skip.

With only VU Skipping is a lot better than only Frame skipping(adding VU Stealing to frame skipping makes the whole screen or part of it flash constantly)
yeah, exactly thats the first reason why started this topic , i cant use them both! but vuscyclestealing is a good stuff , it really boost the speed in some games! but removing vuskip for that was (is) a nightmare for me.
(05-08-2009, 03:22 PM)Register Wrote: One game already i knew was not good with vucycle stealing is Wild Arms5. I tryed this game with pcsx2 r.1059, i got bad stutters repeatedly with vucycle stealing but run fine with vuskip. I dont know if in latest beta already solved this problem and more compatible for vucycle stealing. In my opinion as far as vuskip is only an option without give bad effect with programming code in other side then to delete vuskip mode in pcsx2 is not good choiche.

yes if it they put it back there it would be great!
but thats their decision and they are the ones who rule .
thank you allSad
Quote:VU-Skip was a nightmare to maintain and generated a constant stream of complaints from people since every time we changed VIF timings, the effects of VUSkip would shift and people wanted me to "make it go back!" (which I cheerfully ignored since it's not possible).

And most of the games you guys have mentioned aren't even that slow because of VU skip, but rather because of the crappy way that the GS does frameskipping in general. If/when I get the chance to fix the GS plugin API, plain old frameskip will probably run much faster than VU skip ever did, with no side effects.
That's what Jake said
(05-08-2009, 02:49 PM)vsub Wrote: Well I see more bad than good about replacing VU-Skip with VU Stealing.When I use Frame Skipping and VU Stealing(to a point that I get any use of it...max)the whole screen flashed constantly + the frame skipping is terrible(it's not playable at all with vu stealing and frame skipping)compared to only VU-Skip.

Why use frame skipping at all when you can use VU cycle stealing? I don't think it's supposed to use both at the same time. You couldn't use frame skipping and VU skipping at the same time either.
(05-08-2009, 06:55 PM)lightchris Wrote: Why use frame skipping at all when you can use VU cycle stealing? I don't think it's supposed to use both at the same time. You couldn't use frame skipping and VU skipping at the same time either.

VU-Stealing isn't useful for all of my games(on most of them I just get some fake fps boost)but VU-Skip is.

The same applies to Frame Skip compared to VU-Skip...when I'm using VU-Skip,the frame skipping isn't that annoying but with Frame Skip is