why pcsx2 does not use my gpu more than 60%
(08-11-2013, 03:56 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Those gauges must be looked upon as a complex interaction between parts. Before anything else (and this is particularly true for the EE%) what is shown is not how much the device is being taxed but how much the emulator is taking from it's "available power".

What does this mean? Imagine the (not uncommon) case where measuring the CPU load from external monitor it shows mediocre load while EE% is screaming at 99%, case where for some reason the OS/CPU and whatever else factor fails to realize the CPU is being heavily taxed and then do not increase it's clock or even keep it at "resting" state. The most common solution today is putting Windows into performance power plan.

The second case is more subtle, GS is showing high load while EE is happily seating relaxed. This is most of times indication of GPU bottleneck and surely is near it anyway. Yet the game slowdown might be due something else also like, for example, a stall in the EE/GS/VU communication or collateral effect of speedhacks.

So Jesalvein is not wrong, normally GS% at 99% is a strong indicator of GPU bottleneck... but not necessarily is the cause or the only cause of general desync or speed issues.

nice info nossib thanks for this too
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Sponsored links

Also note that your GPU is made of multiple parts and that different parts can also be the bottleneck. If for example, your GPU lacks the bandwidth necessary for certain scenes, the actual GPU chip will be starved for things to do. This will show up on a GPU meter like your GPU isn't doing much but still overall it'll be the graphic card that is causing the slowdowns.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-11-2013, 06:33 PM)Koji Wrote: Also note that your GPU is made of multiple parts and that different parts can also be the bottleneck. If for example, your GPU lacks the bandwidth necessary for certain scenes, the actual GPU chip will be starved for things to do. This will show up on a GPU meter like your GPU isn't doing much but still overall it'll be the graphic card that is causing the slowdowns.

thanks koji :-D :-) :-P

Any modretors or admistrator- i get my answers that why my cpu does not reach upto 65%! so if you want you can close this thread thanks :-D
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1