why so slow
Oh speaking of which the wait sync hack actually fixes a few errors on Tales of Destiny Ps2 Remake rather then breaking it...

Sponsored links

It's not a matter of timing of the emulator.
60fps (or 50 fps for PAL) is the normal speed. Everything is timed at that and cannot be changed.
If you have 30 fps, you're really going at half speed.
oh ok....so what setting should i use for Shadow of colossus and Zoe?

and thanks
Yes but what I was referring to the few games that are times to run at 30fps rather then 60fps. Thus the game actaully runs on the ps2 at half framerate. I think SoC and Killzone are two games that were built that way.
(02-05-2009, 10:01 AM)dralor Wrote: Yes but what I was referring to the few games that are times to run at 30fps rather then 60fps. Thus the game actaully runs on the ps2 at half framerate. I think SoC and Killzone are two games that were built that way.
The PS2 outputs at 50/60Hz to Televisions(regardless of the 'internal' framerate of the game), likely the emulator framerate is related to that?
Games that run at 30fps do that because they require more time per frame, so its likely just as much work as 2 frames from a 60fps game.

Anyhow to get around to my point, PCSX2 could be reporting 40-60 fps and mean really 20-30 fps as they actual game will tell the GS (PS2's GPU) to output the same frame to the TV twice (to get it up to 60Hz), which I believe the emulator will emulate too.
Like in a 30fps game it would draw a frame then output it to the TV twice, constituting 2 frames/fields on your TV, before going onto render the next frame.
If PCSX2 still reports 40-50 fps on a 30fps game you could be getting 20-25fps.
(02-05-2009, 09:30 PM)superrad Wrote:
(02-05-2009, 10:01 AM)dralor Wrote: Yes but what I was referring to the few games that are times to run at 30fps rather then 60fps. Thus the game actaully runs on the ps2 at half framerate. I think SoC and Killzone are two games that were built that way.
The PS2 outputs at 50/60Hz to Televisions(regardless of the 'internal' framerate of the game), likely the emulator framerate is related to that?
Games that run at 30fps do that because they require more time per frame, so its likely just as much work as 2 frames from a 60fps game.

Anyhow to get around to my point, PCSX2 could be reporting 40-60 fps and mean really 20-30 fps as they actual game will tell the GS (PS2's GPU) to output the same frame to the TV twice (to get it up to 60Hz), which I believe the emulator will emulate too.
Like in a 30fps game it would draw a frame then output it to the TV twice, constituting 2 frames/fields on your TV, before going onto render the next frame.
If PCSX2 still reports 40-50 fps on a 30fps game you could be getting 20-25fps.

now thats clear. So me having 30fps on Shadow of the colossus could mean 10/15 fps in fact...
Yeah I was about to ask if it emulated 30fps by outputting the same frame twice or if it was doing some other trick or that it actually output 30fps. I guess most likely it was the former with the way things seem to be running.
(02-05-2009, 10:00 AM)totonono Wrote: oh ok....so what setting should i use for Shadow of colossus and Zoe?

and thanks

try "frame skip" or "vu skip" in the cpu options (or press f4 during game to cycle through options), but a powerful cpu will do best.