why such a lag on almost every game
Here is what i am running:

Windows8.1
AMD A8-6500 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics 3.50GHz
8.0GB RAM
64-bit, x64 based processor

My pcsx2 plugins:

GS: GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, AVX) 0.1.16 (gsdx32-avx-r5350)
PAD: LilyPad svn (r5282) 0.11.0 [lilpad-r5350]
SPU2: SPU2-x r5324 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5350]
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r5822) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz-r5822]
USB: nuvee ps2 usb 0.2.0 [muvee_ps2_usb]
FW: FWnull Driver r5822 0.7.0 [FWnull-r5822]
DEV9: DEV9null Driver r5822 0.5.0 [DEV9null-r5822]

I have to admit, i don't know what the hell most of this means. I have done plenty of research, tried mixing & matching different plugins, tried turning on & off different speed hacks......i have tried just about everything. this just happens to be the last setup i tried.

I know my video card is not the best by any means, but an example of some of the games that won't run for me are:
1. Tekken5
2. NCAA Football '09
3. FIFA '12

I have been able to make some games a little faster based on different setups, but never full speed and i am at my wit's end. any help would be greatly appreciated.

And please believe me, i have been reading through this forum for about a week now trying to find the info i need. I have missed 2 of the last 4 days of work, my boss wants to fire me, my wife wants to divorce me.....please help!!!!!!!!

Sponsored links

Supposing is a laptop you may want to try putting Windows in a performance power plan. You can do it from Windows Control Panel -> Power Options (I hope it's so on Win 8.1 yet). Remember to return to the original power plan after playing to spare the battery.

Other than this, try speedhacks, better not pushing the sliders beyond the central point for EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing.

Finally, some games are troublesome even for high specs gaming desktops and those you mentioned may be on that category.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-22-2014, 06:52 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Supposing is a laptop you may want to try putting Windows in a performance power plan. You can do it from Windows Control Panel -> Power Options (I hope it's so on Win 8.1 yet). Remember to return to the original power plan after playing to spare the battery.

Other than this, try speedhacks, better not pushing the sliders beyond the central point for EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing.

Finally, some games are troublesome even for high specs gaming desktops and those you mentioned may be on that category.

This is a PC, but thank you for your help. I have tried everything, read all the tutorials, etc, etc, etc.

I guess i will rephrase my question. I know it is taboo to ask somebody to look at my settings and give me some ideas, but seriously.....i have tried everything and i am out of options. can somebody simply answer this: should i be able to run games like ncaa 09, tekken 5, fifa 12 on a computer with the options listed.....i think the answer is yes, but i could definitely be wrong.
ncaa 09 -> never heard about this one. can't help
tekken 5-> playable speeds (not full) with some speedhacks
fifa 12 -> you need software mode to play this one. Set extra renderning threads to 3
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-22-2014, 07:59 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ncaa 09 -> never heard about this one. can't help
tekken 5-> playable speeds (not full) with some speedhacks
fifa 12 -> you need software mode to play this one. Set extra renderning threads to 3

awesome.....fifa12 is a little better.....never tried the software hack.
tekken5 i guess it is was it is, if i just let it run at fastest speed possible it's pretty dam fast!
ncaa football '09 was the one i wanted to work most. again, when i just let it run at full-speed it's super fast....until the game starts and all the players are on the field.....then it runs at about 70%. makes it alot easier to kick ass at least!!! not very hard in slow motion Smile