why the lag?..
Hello

This is my first post so apologies had some things were wrong

I was wondering what is wrong with the PCSX2 I had just downloaded and used several days prior, since all the games I've launched from there, suffers from lag.
My PC is ASUS TP550L with the newest spec, and I had no idea if there's anything wrong, or there should be something I had to fix.

can anyone help me? Wacko Sad

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Your CPU has a single thread performance(important for PCSX2) of 947, which is 600 below the recommended. I'm afraid you won't be able to play more than a handful of PS2 games at decent speeds, if that.
(02-13-2016, 07:29 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Your CPU has a single thread performance(important for PCSX2) of 947, which is 600 below the recommended. I'm afraid you won't be able to play more than a handful of PS2 games at decent speeds, if that.

It appears that depending on the model of TP550L(A/D/J), he might have one of a range of CPUs - from an i3-4010U (STR 947) to an i7-5500U (STR 1575)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
(02-13-2016, 04:38 PM)Aleksandr I Wrote: Hello

This is my first post so apologies had some things were wrong

I was wondering what is wrong with the PCSX2 I had just downloaded and used several days prior, since all the games I've launched from there, suffers from lag.
My PC is ASUS TP550L with the newest spec, and I had no idea if there's anything wrong, or there should be something I had to fix.

can anyone help me? Wacko Sad

Under emulation settings set preset level 1 safest. Next untick the preset box to modify settings manually. Under speedhacks tick both the mVU and MTVU boxes. Lastly reduce the EE by 33%.

Also if you have any audio problems set your sound settings to async rather than time stretch.