will an Nvidia card outperform ATI card on PCsx2
Information 
just as the title sez witch will be better for PCSX2 an NVIDIA card or ATI cuz I remember reading here before that nvidia is better than ATI on PCSX2

and advices on which one should I get HD4870, GTX250 , or 8800gt card and plz no talk about getting the HD5XXX series cuz If could afford them they would be in my list and I dont actually play games is super high res I still use my trustee CRT monitor and my max res I play on is 1024x768 and so aslong as it would perform great on pcsx2 and does not give GPU bottlenecks in game I play its fine and I also play a few new games like crysis and bioshock
especially bad company 2
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]

Sponsored links

My guess is that with any of them your CPU will become a bottleneck. Buying a GPU solely depending on the PCSX performance is a bit stupid. Buying the GPU which is right for the job that you need done is the correct path. Which is right for you now? YOu have to answer that to yourself depending on the features that you need. CUDA? Eyefinity? DX11 at affordable price? Price / Performance, Etc... PS. I have no problems with my 5770.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

I also have a 5770, and I love it. Mainly because I consider myself a PC gamer (currently playing BFBC2 and loving it) and it allows me to max games out on 1920x1080.

In pcsx2, your CPU is more important anyways, and that's where one processor vs another is better. It is my understanding that SSE4 performs better than SSE2, and is mainly on intel chips. GPU wise, I don't think is as much of a problem.
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
a clarification:

GSdx used to have some issues with ATI cards but these are long fixed. There is no reason Nvidia cards would perform differently than ATI cards with PCSX2 these days.

Thats what Bositman said on another thread, and I would pretty much take his word as golden on the subject.
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
(03-29-2010, 11:25 PM)felix66 Wrote: a clarification:

GSdx used to have some issues with ATI cards but these are long fixed. There is no reason Nvidia cards would perform differently than ATI cards with PCSX2 these days.

Thats what Bositman said on another thread, and I would pretty much take his word as golden on the subject.

well TNX atleast U answered one of my questions Not like those two Bozo's Sadup there and I already stated that no talk about HD5xxx series of card's he's just too proud of himself and Bragging about How Great his card is and he did even answer One of my Questions and that jackasz Angry right next too him I dont give a crap about what you know ok I already know that PCSX2 is more CPU dependent than GPU but thats not even closely related to my Question's and Yes I wanna upgrade my Graphics Card for a better pcsx2 performance who do you think U are calling me stupid U Son a B**** Im upgrading my card since most of the game's I wanna play has GPU bottleneck problems like Suikoden 3 [RAMA ALREADY TOLD ME THAT THE CAUSE OF THE SLOW DOWN IS DUE TO gpu BOTTLENECKING] where I get massive slowdown during battle's and Shadow of the collusus since I can only play the game on native res and the game has that weird bloom effect on native where everything is too bright that it hurts my eye's and also does it hurt you that I want to play pcsx2 with atleast 1024x1024 internal res. rather than playing it on native all the time all game's I play on PCSX2 right now is set on native res. I hope U get the message U stupid ASZhoLE!!!!!!!!!!!
My New PC
GTS 250 is what I would get out of those, but I would at least consider the 5750/5770 as well
(03-30-2010, 03:31 AM)anito9999 Wrote: well TNX atleast U answered one of my questions Not like those two Bozo's Sadup there

...you mean, you also call the one who really answered you a bozo too?
There are only mantasuk & felix66 up there; which bozo's been helping you?
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(03-30-2010, 03:31 AM)anito9999 Wrote: well TNX atleast U answered one of my questions Not like those two Bozo's Sadup there and I already stated that no talk about HD5xxx series of card's he's just too proud of himself and Bragging about How Great his card is and he did even answer One of my Questions and that jackasz Angry right next too him I dont give a crap about what you know ok I already know that PCSX2 is more CPU dependent than GPU but thats not even closely related to my Question's and Yes I wanna upgrade my Graphics Card for a better pcsx2 performance who do you think U are calling me stupid U Son a B**** Im upgrading my card since most of the game's I wanna play has GPU bottleneck problems like Suikoden 3 [RAMA ALREADY TOLD ME THAT THE CAUSE OF THE SLOW DOWN IS DUE TO gpu BOTTLENECKING] where I get massive slowdown during battle's and Shadow of the collusus since I can only play the game on native res and the game has that weird bloom effect on native where everything is too bright that it hurts my eye's and also does it hurt you that I want to play pcsx2 with atleast 1024x1024 internal res. rather than playing it on native all the time all game's I play on PCSX2 right now is set on native res. I hope U get the message U stupid ASZhoLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go flaming the people who tried to help you with useful replies. Take your chill pill and start being polite. Warned for flaming.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
how could u be polite when somebody calls u stupid U call that helping ?
he didn't think before he called me stupid I already stated that Im not interested in a HD5XXX card cuz I cant afford them [believe me I really cant DX11 ready cards here in my country is like buying an I7 processor] here's a simple math price of 5770 card is around 150 to 180$ now add 12% vat on it and add another extra 5% of craxy Taxes and more price affecting ***** and delivery charge's and more] that By the time it end's up on the shelf of a local shop the price almost Double the original and I dont have the capability/nor the trust to buying anything online
Oh man blood level just rose up again there

and sorry to felix made a typo cuz I could barely see the keyboard I was drunk!!!!! Tongue U know when I typed that and Sorry for the trouble bossman I'll be a good boy Next time..................
aslong as someone dont call me stupid Tongue2 Joke!!!!!!! hehehehe whoa my warning level Rose'd Up again

and to sakraycore Tnx for pointing the GTX250 although I was originally planin on gettin the HD4870 cuz someguy in the dolphin forum's told me it was preety close to the GTX280 on performance is he right
My New PC
Seriously he did not call YOU stupid.
Quote:Buying a GPU solely depending on the PCSX performance is a bit stupid. Buying the GPU which is right for the job that you need done is the correct path. Which is right for you now? YOu have to answer that to yourself depending on the features that you need
He said, in general, doing that is a bit stupid. The post was clearly in a not insulting tone but in a helpful one. I can't see how you got that insulted by that statement...being drunk probably didn't help either.
[Image: newsig.jpg]