windows 7 pcsx2 0.9.6 issues
hi im new to this forum and i have about had it with the pcsx2 0.9.6. everything i have tried to do make it work. everygame i load from mgs3 to resident evil 4, it keeps crashing everytime i try to boot it up. dep is disabled, i have the latest directx 9 runtimes, and my pc specs are:
core i7 920 oc 3.8ghz
3gib TCM 1523mhz
2x gtx 260 maxcore
windows 7 7000 x64

Sponsored links

Give us all your PCSX2 configuration info,plugins used and their settings. Also describe what exactly you are doing (using file->run cd/dvd? trying an iso or a dvd? ) plus enable console and give us the last lines before it crashes.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Run as administrator or something?
windows 7 uses direct x 10, you need to have dep and user account controls turned off. then right click on pcsx2.exe and go to compatabilies and check run as admin.
i had a few probs with win 7 too, but got around it and it works like a dream now.
[Image: 1816969.png]
how would running as administrator affect if it can load?
i mean it works fine when i get into the pcsx2 menu and all but when it loads a game it keeps crashing, as for the plugins enable i have

gsdx 890 sse4.1 - directx10 resolution 1600x1200
peops spu2 1.9.0
lilypad 0.9.9
gigaherz's cdvd plugin 0.7.0
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
USBnull Driver 0.5.0
FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Windows7 is in beta stages, I personally think it's pointless to give support for the software that's meant to be buggy Smile If you can't configure it yourself just revert to vista/xp - those were tested by thoughsands.
runs great of my ps2 mgs3s dvd, i guess my isos created by dvddecrpter must of screwed up
what does the log show (emulog.txt in logs folder) Mellow (or black window Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-20-2009, 02:59 AM)Cain Wrote: Windows7 is in beta stages, I personally think it's pointless to give support for the software that's meant to be buggy Smile

funny.. I heard it was more reliable than vista is
(03-20-2009, 03:41 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(03-20-2009, 02:59 AM)Cain Wrote: Windows7 is in beta stages, I personally think it's pointless to give support for the software that's meant to be buggy Smile

funny.. I heard it was more reliable than vista is

It's pointless to discuss that, If you think what you heard is true then hang on to that belief and I'll hang on to mine based on experience Smile