windows 8 compatibility?
Hi im new to this emulating stuff. I played Final fantasy 10 when i was alot younger n i wanted to play it again now on my pc. ive got a laptop windows xp, single core, not too powerful. then i got a windows 8, and im sure that thing is more than powerful enough to run everything but will it work? i saw compatibility with windows 7 and vista just not sure if its worth the time to download everything if it aint gunna work right. help?

Sponsored links

There are no compatibility issues with windows 8. Just because a PC runs windows 8 though does NOT mean it's suitable for PCSX2 however. A lot of low end PCs run windows 7 or 8... OS themselves are not as big of resource hogs as they once were.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Windows 8 is a lot better with pcsx2
using windows 8 now Wink
(08-11-2013, 01:07 AM)Koji Wrote: There are no compatibility issues with windows 8. Just because a PC runs windows 8 though does NOT mean it's suitable for PCSX2 however. A lot of low end PCs run windows 7 or 8... OS themselves are not as big of resource hogs as they once were.

To expand on this point of mine, OSes haven't become MORE resource intensive, at least not to the point that they used to with each generation.

The only tangible benefit for PCSX2 from winXP is the use of directx10 or 11 based on your GPU hardware. If you haven't updated your PC since you got it, that won't be a factor either.
[Image: 2748844.png]