windows OS
So first i would like to apologize if there is already a thread on this and i missed it. A few years ago i built my computer and i used xp on it because i am honestly not a fan of vista or 7. Seems now it is biting me in the ass. I have tried pcsx2 0.9.6 - 0.9.9 to run .hack gu. Not turning out so well. after some research im understanding that i need D3D10/11 which i cannot get it would seem. I am just wondering if anybody knows any ways around this or am i completely boned on playing this game?

Sponsored links

you need vista or 7 for that. Windows 7 is much better than vista in pretty much every way. I have called 7 "what vista should have been" and "the real XP upgrade" if you don't want to upgrade then you're stuck
im at the point now i will upgrade just cant afford to do so atm. But there is no way around this then to upgrade it would seem?
Win XP simply has no support for DX10+ that's all, nothing you can get from pcsx2 side and any "workaround" or "hack" for windows itself will not really work.
Why do you say you need DX10/11 for that game? Anything in particular? Any link to where you got that info?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-11-2011, 12:48 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Why do you say you need DX10/11 for that game? Anything in particular? Any link to where you got that info?

I've played through GU, DX9 has many major graphical issues that at some points locked up the emulator on me (I wasn't the source, just stating personal experience)
What major graphical issues tho? Where could I see them? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64