wipeout fusion?? anyone got good settings?
has anyone found any good settings or found fixes for this??

i guess its not just me that finds its... FAST SLOW FAST SLOW gameplay so damn annoying..

i have a quadcore Q9550
and Geforce 9800gt card..

Sponsored links

Hi there!

i am having trouble too with wipeout fusion, so i tell you what i found out so far:

Hardware: E8400 @ 3,6 ghz, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT, winXP, DirectX9
until yesterday i played it with Pcsx2 0.96 and the framerate was between 40 and 50 fps, depending in wich track you race and how many opponents are visible. on some tracks the framerate just drops. No idea why. Game ist still playable. The Problem ist: the music is sometimes stuttering. tried to solve that by adjusting the sound-buffer of the spu plugin to 750 ms, but sometimes it still stutters.
So i switched to PCSX2 0.97 and did some testing. i found an option that seems to stop the stutter, but further testing is neede there.
I can give you my ini files für 0.96 where i played the game so far and it runs mostly smooth and my experimental 0.97 inis where the sound finaly seems to work. You can change the emulation-setting on-the-fly in 0.97 so play around with the speed hacks. seems to push the framerate at least 4-6 frames per second on my pc. CPU usage while playing is at 74-80 % on both cores.
the screenshot SPU.JPG which i also attached is my setting in 0.97 sound plugin that i am currently testing.

if the game works on your pc, let me know. i am still searching for the perfect setting for this game too.

regards

Killerloop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   wipeout inis 096.zip (Size: 4,55 KB / Downloads: 281)
.zip   wipeout inis 097.zip (Size: 4,53 KB / Downloads: 350)
Thanks for reading the stickies and uselessly posting your questions on the bug report forum, wasting the dev's time. Moving out.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-08-2010, 06:20 PM)farmski Wrote: has anyone found any good settings or found fixes for this??

i guess its not just me that finds its... FAST SLOW FAST SLOW gameplay so damn annoying..

i have a quadcore Q9550
and Geforce 9800gt card..

Wipeout Fusion is one of the easiest 3D games to perform on pscx2 !! .. The textures are uploaded once per track .. just a couple of IPU streamed billboard textures .. and dynamicly streaming missing ship textures !! .. This is the GS performance !! ..

The sounds are loaded once in a 2MB sound file !! .. and streaming uncompressed .wav files as BGM !! ..

The rest is just streaming amounts of Geometry thru the VU !! .. So .. It's more or less 'VU-locked' !! .. Your Ghz and floating point performance counts here .. VU doesn't multithread ?! ..

Athlon 64 2.0Ghz X800GT @ 40-60 fps !! .. Mandrashee 1 course runs flawless !! .. I improved the performance just by temporary overclocking !! ..

Setup:
pcsx2 R1888, march beta plugins
round chop, clamp none, FlushDenormals Zero,
EE 2x, INTC on, IOP 2x, IdleLoop on, Vuhacks on, VuSteal MAX
GSDX 1280x960 internal and fullscreen .. exclusive fullscreen boosts 4-5 frames xtra
SPU-X2 standard settings, FX disabled, Xaudio2, Timestretched, Expansion on
Framelimiter on .. switch off ingame while loading !! .. Frameskipping off
i use version 0.9.7 think its beta?... is this a bit unstable? best to get the last version?
if you downloaded the 0.9.7 beta from here or the main site then yes thats the last version. if you want you can try the 0.9.6 which is a stable version but 1 year old.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I think in the newest 0.9.7 SVN's Wipeout games are running better with less bugs
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
I have good settings for Wipeout Fusion on pcsx2 0.9.8, please see the attachments for screen shots of my settings. You can possibly use higher sound quality, i did not try because i am happy as it is. It is possible to speed up the game a bit by enabling Mvu Flack Hack but this kills the Playstation feeling (smooth game play).

If your screen is shaking use the F5 key -in game to activate interlacing (six stages). If your game runs to slow try DirectX 9 instead of 10.

(01-03-2012, 01:31 AM)Wreedman Wrote: I have good settings for Wipeout Fusion on pcsx2 0.9.8, please see the attachments for screen shots of my settings. You can possibly use higher sound quality, i did not try because i am happy as it is. It is possible to speed up the game a bit by enabling Mvu Flack Hack but this kills the Playstation feeling (smooth game play).

If your screen is shaking use the F5 key -in game to activate interlacing (six stages). If your game runs to slow try DirectX 9 instead of 10.

THANKS!! runs perfect wast trying all sorts of things to get it working, do you know if pulse runs well?
Wow it's been a while since I came on here, I miss playing Wipeout Fusion and regret selling my ps2 to play it.

Decided to run version PCSX2 1.2.1 and run the settings above on my custom made PC with the following specs,

Windows 7 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 7970 GHOST
8GB Kingston HyperX 1600
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
ASUS 890GT PRO Motherboard

Almost perfect, still a little laggy in places but definitely more playable and looks crisp. Many thanks for the info Biggrin