wonder what this save states error message is?

just like attached image, sometimes i got this error, but don't really understand exactly what it meant, and usually followed by it was corrupted save state
 situation as such happens not all the time but occasionally, and I've to replay quite a long way if forgot to save in-game if corrupted save state happens again.
so any idea then ? perhaps i should deleted all my settings and let pcsx2 created a whole new one ?

Sponsored links

For some reason something is preventing pcsx2 to delete the temporary file which is create while you are making a save state.

When you are F1 this happens
1.The backup save state is deleted
2.The save state on the current slot is renamed to the backup name
3.A new save state is create but while the save state is created(until it's done collecting data and saving)is using .tmp as extension
4.When the saving is done,the .tmp extension is removed and only .p2s is left(that's the save state extension)

For some reason pcsx2 can't delete/rename the tmp file(maybe your antivirus software is scanning the file and it's not allowing pcsx2 to do his job)and if pcsx2 is only looking for p2s files to create the backup,you will not be able to create the backup nor use the save state because it's left with an extension that pcsx2 is not looking for when you press F3
(02-01-2017, 12:41 PM)vsub Wrote: For some reason something is preventing pcsx2 to delete the temporary file which is create while you are making a save state.

When you are F1 this happens
1.The backup save state is deleted
2.The save state on the current slot is renamed to the backup name
3.A new save state is create but while the save state is created(until it's done collecting data and saving)is using .tmp as extension
4.When the saving is done,the .tmp extension is removed and only .p2s is left(that's the save state extension)

For some reason pcsx2 can't delete/rename the tmp file(maybe your antivirus software is scanning the file and it's not allowing pcsx2 to do his job)and if pcsx2 is only looking for p2s files to create the backup,you will not be able to create the backup nor use the save state because it's left with an extension that pcsx2 is not looking for when you press F3

thank you for explanation and details, clearly understood Smile
so i think there must be something abnormal on my system, maybe other software, maybe os related,
guess i'm going to re-install my window and see how's going then, thx again for reply
Reinstalling windows is too extreme.
Try turning off your antivirus or run pcsx2 as administrator first
(02-01-2017, 01:31 PM)vsub Wrote: Reinstalling windows is too extreme.
Try turning off your antivirus or run pcsx2 as administrator first

not that i want to but you see i got no antivirus installed and as for admin right i have turn off UAC also at the time installing this system few years ago,
actually if i remembered correctly this little issue only exists after 1.4.0 version but i couldn't absolute sure about that,
so that's leave me no more option and it's also about time to get a fresh new os too since it has been used for really long time Smile
How about change the permissions of the
folder , grant full permissions to all users , also make sure read only is not enabled.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5