wxWidgets-based user interface (wxgui branch)
Quote:Announcement (posted 26th of Aug 2009)
Non-member code comments will be disabled for a minimum of one week, starting on Saturday the 29th of Aug.

This is a temporary measure which will be done when the long-awaited wxWidgets-based user interface (wxgui branch) is re-integrated into the trunk repository. The change-over is a significant metamorphosis and there will be a lot of unfinished and/or bugged areas of the emulator. For at least the first week we will be doing closed testing and bugfixing only, and once the bulk of the most obvious issues have been resolved we will re-open the code commenting system to the public. The actual duration may be longer, and will depend on our rate of progress.

What's is this all about ??
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Sponsored links

wxwidgets is a cross-platform GUI framework.

As the note notes (heh) it's more symbolically significant than technical. That it's cross-platform is nice, but the real news is that it's another step forward.

e: For more knowledgeable people than I: any recommendations for learning how to use the framework to extend PCSX2? I'd like to work on a more user-centric set of cheat-finding utilities, no better time to start than the present.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(08-28-2009, 07:53 PM)echosierra Wrote: e: For more knowledgeable people than I: any recommendations for learning how to use the framework to extend PCSX2? I'd like to work on a more user-centric set of cheat-finding utilities, no better time to start than the present.

We're making plans now to open up more of the dev/design cycle to public eyes, by creating a new dev forum. Creating new threads will be restricted to forum mods and devs, but anyone will be able to reply (this should help keep the forum clean and focused). We'll also be moving devblogs there, so that people can comment on them Smile

Anyway, with that in place I'm going to open discussions on some ideas like plugin-extensible user interface options in PCSX2. And I think that's kind of what you're thinking of here.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-28-2009, 08:01 PM)Air Wrote: Anyway, with that in place I'm going to open discussions on some ideas like plugin-extensible user interface options in PCSX2. And I think that's kind of what you're thinking of here.

That would be nice Laugh Then I (and anyone else interested) don't have to worry about breaking the program at large with our unworthy code.

Now I'm pumped, working on simple wxwidget apps instead of doing actual work.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi