x64 version of PCSX2?
(04-18-2011, 06:44 PM)rama Wrote: Getting your data to and from these chips requires use of the complicated DMA systems.

What do you suggest for documentation on how to use those systems with dma? All my kit came with are some pdf manuals that are xbox huge and the example source code is commented in Japanese :/

Though I might be spinning my wheels, linux for the ps2 runs under a restricted hypervisor so I am not sure if access to anything is the same as how a game would do it.

Sponsored links

If you have these docs, they're the best for documenting the system Tongue2
(04-18-2011, 06:11 PM)Koji Wrote: Errr no... I think that is definitely NOT the lesson to take from this thread. The devs are all doing this on their own in their free time while making absolutely no money off of it. While you can certainly suggest things, and you can ask for things... But PUSHING for things will only lead to bad results.

Don't believe me? Check out the world's biggest douchebag thread... That's what happens when you try to push something Wink

By "push", I mean "respectfully suggest", not "whine about it until everyone gets sick of me". Basically, what I just did with this thread.

But it's cool enough that this emulator exists. I can run a pretty good amount of stuff as things are.
HP dv7 laptop :: Intel Core i5-560M @ 2.66 GHz :: ATI Radeon HD 5650 :: 4GB RAM :: Windows 7 64-bit
[Image: sig.gif]
Pretty damned sure I saw an x64 build option when making my last build from the PCSX2 code.
That's incredibly outdated and if you actually TRIED to build it you'd see you wouldn't get very far Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
The x64 option is automatically added on project creation.
You're not supposed to use it Tongue2
well i think it should be made x64
i dont see any single core cpu's for sell anymore
and im sure itll handle alot better once its made 64x
im suprised they still sell 32x windows
Any updates or plugins, pls send, or atleast notify me of info on plugin
the parts that matter won't benefit from x64 at all. (Clamping).
(04-22-2011, 06:48 AM)Draveyn Wrote: and im sure itll handle alot better once its made 64x

And with what basis are you so sure?
I mean, the whole PCSX2 dev team repeatedly tells people that x64 will be SLOWER for PCSX2.
What knowledge can you bring to the table that all PCSX2 devs have obviously overlooked?
who knows, Rama, maybe x64 will offer some boosts by the time the Nahalems great great great grandchild is out.