xbox controller
Well i just got the ps2 emulator working, poped in FF12 and it worked flawlessly, now all i need is a controller. So im wondering before i buy it, will an xbox controller work for PCX2? Or should i get another controller? Thanks.

Sponsored links

xbox1 or xbox360? For the latter I can confirm myself it works fine since I use one too. In general, any pad that is identified and works in Windows will work with PCSX2 (considering lilypad as input plugin)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
yea im also using a xbox360 controller works real well, personally i find them far more comfortable than PS controllers, just my 2 cents
Cool, thanks. And i did mean a 360 controller btw. Also, playstation controllers can be hooked up to a computer? Never looked at a ps3, but i know a 360 is like usb or something because i hear people on the l4d2 forums using em.
Playstation controllers need converters to be connected on PC. 360 is the usual USB so it's basically plug and play
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Unless if it's a PS3 controller, in which it connects through a USB connector.

Anyway, just use the 360 controller; it just works. *readies apple fanbois repellant*
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(04-15-2010, 08:28 PM)k1net1cs Wrote: Unless if it's a PS3 controller, in which it connects through a USB connector.

So the ps3 controller would work? i would rather get that one if it works for pcsx2. Any one know if it does or doesn't before i decide to buy it?
'Would work' as in buttons-wise, but not necessarily rumble support; well, not directly anyway.

Try searching up the forum with the keywords 'ps3 controller libusb'; might net you some interesting info on setting up the PS3 controller to work fine with PCSX2.

This is not to say that 360's rumble support is flawless anyway; it just works most of the time, and doesn't when it's not (well d-uh).
In the end, it's more of everyone's personal preferences, though; lazy people like me should just stick to the 360 controller. Tongue2
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
From the looks of it, it takes too many steps to set up the ps3 controller, even if it works. Also a PS3 controller is a little more expensive than an Xbox Controller. I think ill get an Xbox controller then.