..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Joystick to use with PS2 emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all, I installed on my pc, the last version of PS2 emulator and I have two Logitech Cordless Action Controller for PS2 (G-X2D11) to play with it, but I am having a problem with the controllers because they are being recognized by Windows XP but aren't synch between receiver and controller, therefore I can't play with the emulator. My questions are:

1) Can I play PS2 emulator with the keyboard? How should I configure it?
2) Can I play PS2 emulator with other gamepad than PS2 controller I currently have, to be clear...if I buy USB PC gamepad to play PC games, can I use also with PS2 emulator? The PS2 emulator only works with PS2 controls?
3) What is the difference between analog and digital controls?

Thank you very much in advance
Federico
1: you can, but not recommended
2: Pcsx2 works with ANY usb controler
3: please explain your question better
1. you can play with keyboard, and you can bind your controls however you like.
2. im using SL-6555-SBK, plain cheep usb gamepad and it works great
3. digital = 0 & 1
analog = 0 - 255

it means that analog detects how "deep" you pushed button or moved stick, for example ps3 and xbox360 triggers/sliders and thumbsticks are analogue, thanks to that you can for example "accelerate by just a little bit" in racing games, and normal buttons are digital, digital have only 2 possible options, "its pressed" and "its not pressed"
Thanks for your response

1) OK! understood
2) Do you recommend some type of gamepad to purchase? I didn't know that to play PS2 emulator could be do with any control, in that case I would have bought a gamepad to use with PC games and the PS2 emulator.. Sad
3) I read in different post that there are analog and digital controls, but I don't know the differences; I would like to know to buy the correct gamepad

Thanks again
Federico
(09-06-2009, 09:52 PM)nataq01 Wrote: [ -> ]1. you can play with keyboard, and you can bind your controls however you like.
2. im using SL-6555-SBK, plain cheep usb gamepad and it works great
3. digital = 0 & 1
analog = 0 - 255

it means that analog detects how "deep" you pushed button or moved stick, for example ps3 and xbox360 triggers/sliders and thumbsticks are analogue, thanks to that you can for example "accelerate by just a little bit" in racing games, and normal buttons are digital, digital have only 2 possible options, "its pressed" and "its not pressed"

Thanks Nataq01, after I posted my replied, i saw your answer about differences Digital and Analog controls, then I understand that analog is better than digital.

Regards
Federico