..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Performance on PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I will probably be buying this system:

AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
ATI HD4890
4 GB DDR3 RAM

Etc.

What FPS will I get on these games (if someone knows) without speedhacks and with:

- Kingdom Hearts
- Kingdom Hearts 2
- Tales of The Abyss
- God of War
- Tales of Symphonia
- GTA: Vice City Stories
- Final Fantasy X

I want to know since I'm curious if I will buy this system or not.
overclock your CPU and you will get

- Kingdom Hearts 100%
- Kingdom Hearts 2 100%
- Tales of The Abyss 100%
- God of War dunno
- Tales of Symphonia 100%
- GTA: Vice City Stories dunno
- Final Fantasy X 100%
(09-07-2009, 10:18 AM)nataq01 Wrote: [ -> ]overclock your CPU and you will get

- Kingdom Hearts 100%
- Kingdom Hearts 2 100%
- Tales of The Abyss 100%
- God of War dunno
- Tales of Symphonia 100%
- GTA: Vice City Stories dunno
- Final Fantasy X 100%

Hmm, overclock it to what? 3,6GHz? I can manage that, higher then that will be hard.
At 3.6ghz you should be able to get full speed in the games nataq01 mentioned; you might have to use a few speedhacks though to get constant full speed.
Sounds good.
...just put another 100MHz on Nb (from 2GHz, to 2.1GHz more not needed) & you'll pass 3.6GHz bariere with no problem, till 3.8-3.9GHz, just watch for VCore, couse you'll need to increase it too, also on NB...

Cheers...
I don't have a great cooler and stuff, can I still do that without overheating it? Otherwise I'll buy a Mugen 2 but I can't atm so yea.
...better solution is OCz Vendetta 2 if you can fit it in your case...
& if your temp's under load are now under 50'C then it's ok to OC it a little bit more

My CPU runs under CM Hyper TX2 with 35'C idle non OC, when OC to 3.8GHz it goes to 58'C+ on load, & 62'C is max for that package...

Be avare that sometimes temps shown by programs are not correct, you better try it with hand, if there stands that CPU is at 45-50'C you should be able to touch cooler on CPU, becouse cooler is not so hot as CPU, ...if it isn't hot at all, you better consider changing thermal paste between CPU & cooler, & if it's too hot, better not force it much...

Make good ventialtion in case, more exhaust fans then intake, so it makes negative pressure, it's much better cooling then, see on internet...

Srry for offtopic, cheers...
you can get stable 3.5 or 3.6 ghz without incresing voltage and getting too high temperature with this processor, if you want to go above that then you should buy a cooler.

i suggest pentagram karakorum, its cheep and you wont get more degrees than 45 ( in Celcius ) even if you increse the voltage above maximum, my min idle temp is 28 and max stress is 45 and i overclocked my phenom II to 3.8ghz with 1.488 voltage, thats how it looks like in my PC.

[Image: dsc00003bf.th.jpg]

as you can see its big, so before you get any cooling, make sure it will fit into your case ;p
...you see, not everywhere is this cooler sold, but for OCz I know it's sold amost everywhere, & it's one of the best aftermarket coolers, togheter with Noctua NH-C12P, Noctua NH-U12P, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Thermalright TRUE, Xigmatek Dark Night HDT-S1283, ...in fact the Xigmatek S1283 is ancestor of Vendetta 2... & all this coolers are HardCore CPU heatsinks...

Cheers...
Pages: 1 2