..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: What is causing my 2 fps? :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System Summary
System Name : FAMILY
User Name : solanjie
Domain : HOME
System Directory : C:\WINDOWS\system32

Processor
Name : AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+
Speed : 2188 MHz

Mainboard
Bus(es) : AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
MP APIC : Yes
System BIOS Version : HP-CPC - 42302e31

Video System
Monitor : Plug and Play Monitor
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

2 gigabytes ddr2 ram

Plugins im using-
GSdx 890 SSE2
gigaherz cddvd rom plugin (note i have tried using actual PS2 discs and mounting ISO's with daemon tools since the linuzappz iso utility gives me an error saying it cant load my iso)

i have done some research and it would appear that my graphics card is beefy enough games were initial D special stage and megaman x8

im wondering if its my processor or perhaps my ram? i was running into the same issue with a nvidia 8800 GS card so i upgraded and to no avail the same thing is happenining Wacko
It's a single core cpu. The speed is also on the low side. 2fps sounds about right.
2ps is still very low for 2 fpas, i'd try disabling any kind of power saver tool, cool and quiet or whatever, however as stated dr_thrax hinted at you cant really expect playable speed anyway...
thanks for the ninja replies i guess i just need to upgrade everything except my graphics now Smile
Yeah that GTX 260 beast is really going to waste on the ancient single core Athlon. Upgrading it will also mean a motherboard change unfortunately...