..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: need some help wth dark cloud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, the game runs fine, but its the sound i'm having issues with. here's my laptop specs.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP pavilion dv9700 notebook pc
processor: AMD turion™ 62 x2 mobile technology tl-60 2.00GHz
RAM: 3.00GB
System type: 32-operating system
vista
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150m/nForce 630m

im not sure where to go to for anything else so if theres anything else you need to know please tell me where i can find it.

i'm using Pcsx2 0.9.6. the closest i can get to perfect sound is with P.E.Op.S SPU 1.9.0 but even then the music doesnt sound right (it skips notes) and when the point comes for music to start the games freezes momentarily. this is with the default settings for the sound.
Your computer is a little slow, the music slows down because the game isn't running full speed (which it does to prevent music skipping).

The game freezing for a second is because you're playing from a physical CD/DVD. PC DVD drives don't have as fast as access time as the PS2 drive. Dump the cd/dvd to iso form on your harddrive and it will fix that momentary freeze.
and this may help you...
alright, but how do i run from the iso? what cdvd drive do i use for that? do i need to use daemontools? the game runs as fast as it should anyway. i already put the iso from the game onto my computer so that is already taken care of. also, my virus detection sounded off when i downloaded lcisoceator. i know your trying to help, but next time please make sure your files are virus-free.
Just choose Linuz ISO cdvd plugin to use the iso.
(09-08-2009, 11:41 PM)superdarklink Wrote: [ -> ]alright, but how do i run from the iso? what cdvd drive do i use for that? do i need to use daemontools? the game runs as fast as it should anyway. i already put the iso from the game onto my computer so that is already taken care of. also, my virus detection sounded off when i downloaded lcisoceator. i know your trying to help, but next time please make sure your files are virus-free.

I went ahead and downloaded it and Kaspersky detected a virus inside. I couldn't even extract it to get more information on the virus from Kaspersky so I'm going to leave it at that.
(09-08-2009, 11:41 PM)superdarklink Wrote: [ -> ]alright, but how do i run from the iso? what cdvd drive do i use for that? do i need to use daemontools? the game runs as fast as it should anyway. i already put the iso from the game onto my computer so that is already taken care of. also, my virus detection sounded off when i downloaded lcisoceator. i know your trying to help, but next time please make sure your files are virus-free.

Which SPU2 plugin are you using and what settings does it have? I highly recommend using SPU2-X along with the latest PCSX2 beta which should give you a nice speed boost.
well speed isnt a problem. it runs as if it was on the ps2 console save for the sound. i'm using SPU2-X 1.1.0 with default settings, that is with linear interpolation (whatever that is), XAudio2, none of the boxes checked, latency is at 160 ms, and time-stretching is at default settings. but no matter what, it has this horrible reverb like problem. funny thing, if i run it from iso rather than from the disc in my drive, it is actually slower even with speedhacks.