..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is there some way to run Viewtiful Joe properly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up this game for really cheap, and wanted to try it on PCSX2, but unfortunately it runs incredibly slow! I would have never expected it since it's a 2d game, and considering polygon heavy games like SotC run pretty well, this one shouldn't run so bad! On my PC it never runs faster than 30 FPS most of the time there is more than 1 enemy on screen, so it's pretty much unplayable. I have the latest PCSX2 beta and latest GSDX, I tried several other betas and versions of the plugin and emu but it always runs so bad.

Is there some way to play this game properly with PCSX2? I would play it on my real PS2 but unfortunately it won't read discs anymore and I don't feel like ordering a new lens.

By the way, I searched the forums and it looks like no one ever tried this game before.
(09-10-2009, 06:41 PM)Xboy9999 Wrote: [ -> ]I just picked up this game for really cheap, and wanted to try it on PCSX2, but unfortunately it runs incredibly slow! I would have never expected it since it's a 2d game, and considering polygon heavy games like SotC run pretty well, this one shouldn't run so bad! On my PC it never runs faster than 30 FPS most of the time there is more than 1 enemy on screen, so it's pretty much unplayable. I have the latest PCSX2 beta and latest GSDX, I tried several other betas and versions of the plugin and emu but it always runs so bad.

Is there some way to play this game properly with PCSX2? I would play it on my real PS2 but unfortunately it won't read discs anymore and I don't feel like ordering a new lens.

By the way, I searched the forums and it looks like no one ever tried this game before.

acording to the compatibility list is playable http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?p=1&c=v&s1=1...&s4=1&s5=1 try changing the speed hacks, or with old rev's of the gds plugin

o/
The beta tester said this about the game:

Quote:This game heavily relies on IPU, so it's quite slow despite it's simple looks. Runs stable though.
Status is unchanged. Still gets ingame and runs very stable. ZeroGS is about twice the speed of gsdx9 now.

You could try the latest beta but I dont think there's much you can do about speed for it.

The compatibility list states it as playable as speed isnt really an issue that makes it unplayable unless it's like 1fps
Playable OK, but it's like the game runs in slow motion all the time. I tried various versions of the plugins and the emu, it always runs slow. ZeroGS runs twice as slow as GSDX. In my opinion a game that runs this slow (and my CPU is pretty fast, 3Ghz), is not very playable. Also it looks like speedhacks have no effect on this game (in fact they make it run even slower).
So? No way to run this game at decent speed?
il may have this game in my store, i will give it a try and tell you what happens, look to the sig