..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Weird Frame Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I have a computer I just put together about...a week ago? I just bought persona 4 today and ripped the iso from it, and I've been playing it. In some spots in it, and in other games, my fps will dip to 40 FPS (66%) and be limited to that, which I don't understand because my computer when not limited can run games twice as fast as they should be. Is it a settings issue? Speedhacks aren't doing anything to resolve it either. Can I get some help on this? Thanks. Specs:

core i7 920
6gb patriot ram 7-7-7-20 ddr3 1333
asus p6t se
Nvidia 8800GT 512mb

The video card is from my old computer until the ati 5 series comes out in a few days. I'm running the emulator in dx9 at 1920x1200 (26" monitor). No speedhacks are enabled and everything is pretty much vanilla.

Edit: Yes I am using the latest beta.
Show us your settings.
Vsync enabled?
(09-21-2009, 12:18 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Show us your settings.

Here. I run it at 1920*1200 because it wont run at 60 fps native.
Are the slowdowns in battle with certain enemies? I've played persona 4 completely through and there are occasionally some shiny enemies that will completely trash your FPS (specifically the golden hands and 1 type of the raven enemies and 1 type of the "mall cop"ish enemies)

Using an older version of gsdx (1398) helped a ton for me making the slowdown much less extreme but still noticable.
Disable Vsync, and try DX10 mode.
Oh, and in cpu config, revert all the fps settings to "0". They make no sense Tongue2
I did do the fps setting revert, I was just messing around one day. I also disabled vsync and that helped a TON. I'll try dx10 when i get off work. Thanks guys.