..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Stripes unavoidable when using higher resolutions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we've all seen in some games (Tekken, RE Gun, TMNT smash up, etc.), in some screens (videos and such), they'll be vertical strips when using anything but "native". Sometimes even the top and bottom of the screen will be cut off. So 2 side effects there.

I've tried to minimize that by using an exact 2x resoltion, but that doesn't seem to help. Just wondering if this is a bug that can/will be fixed someday or if the only solution ever will be to use native resolution. Does anything else help this? I'm using GDSX of couse. Tongue

Thanks in advance!
Using a resolution like 1200x1200 or 1270x1270 might help you (maybe 1020x1020... I dont remember well Oo)

You have to understand PS2 games were made with a specific resolution in mind, so sometimes only native will run without glitches anyway Tongue
You can also try using the offset option in the newer versions of GSDx though it takes a lot of fiddling.

Disabling texture filtering also works in a lot of cases when you're using a higher res.
some games work well with 1080*1080.
(09-24-2009, 10:25 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]You can also try using the offset option in the newer versions of GSDx though it takes a lot of fiddling.

Disabling texture filtering also works in a lot of cases when you're using a higher res.

Thanks for all you guy's suggetions. I'll try them out tonite and see if we can't get this a bit better.

What's the offset feature? I have the latest beta published in this forum- does that one have it? I wonder what fiddling would be needed...I do hope that someday though this won't be an issue. But sounds like that day might be far off. Smile
(09-24-2009, 11:30 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: [ -> ]some games work well with 1080*1080.

Can't find an "offset" thing anywhere including the ini.

Disable filtering may work in some games but not ones I've seen yet.

So far of the res's provided 1080X1080 reduces the stripes the most - still there though. I'll keep on trying varios resolutions and see which one is the best for this problem. This may take awhile... Laugh
(09-25-2009, 05:20 AM)legend Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2009, 11:30 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: [ -> ]some games work well with 1080*1080.

Can't find an "offset" thing anywhere including the ini.

Disable filtering may work in some games but not ones I've seen yet.

So far of the res's provided 1080X1080 reduces the stripes the most - still there though. I'll keep on trying varios resolutions and see which one is the best for this problem. This may take awhile... Laugh

http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php#GSdx

Patch 1650 notes describe what you have to add to the GSDx ini. I'm sure eventually GUI options will be added for it, for now you just have to do it the ol' fashion way.