..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Doubt GSDX support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if GSDX supported fog!

Why?

game in Valkyrie2 e MagnaCarta, have screen have screen is fog!
that the picture is very bad and Slow!

In GSDX and Pcsx2 in last versions!
They are just bugs, Valkyrie Profile 2 just started getting in-game not long ago and it is one of the most difficult games to fix it seems. I can't comment on MagnaCarta cause I never played that game or don't have it for that matter. Fog has nothing to do with the slow-ness or bad quality, it is just a bug, even FFX have foggy places and it looks perfectly.

Just wait for the Devs to get around the issue and fix it.
Fog often uses some GS features that are hard or impossible to do in dx hardware.
Workarounds are being worked on.
The trouble of fog is in combination alpha + alpha-fail tests and color masking. This combination has no analog in PC world: alpha-fail could ignore some result of aplha test, this trick are used ofthenly for shadowing and blurring. Impressive, but emulated only in software mode (or by hackish way).
(10-01-2009, 09:05 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Fog often uses some GS features that are hard or impossible to do in dx hardware.
Workarounds are being worked on.

But, there's a way to correct, without Hack??

Another question.

You need more programmers or learn programming?
In other words, you have to use software mode to get it to work properly (slow) or you wait till a better solution is eventually found and thought up and implemented.