..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of Destiny: Directors's Cut (JPN) help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(hope this is the right forum)

First of all, it's a sprite-based game so it's not too taxing on my computer.

But anyways I'm getting a few errors playing the game. First thing it does is freeze during the opening cutscene, but that can be skipped so it's not really a big deal. Other cutscenes in the game might act the same way, but I wouldn't know yet.

Second thing is that none of the BGM works. Sound effects and voice clips are fine for the most part (some voice clips get cut off), but the main thing is that the music will play for about three seconds and then abruptly cut off. So...is there anything I can do on my end to fix this, or is just a compatibility issue at this point?

Other than that, the game runs quite smoothly and I was getting frame rates around 93%. It dipped down to ~80% once during my playtime and that was during a cutscene with a lot of stuff on the screen at once. Perfectly playable, aside from the game being completely in Japanese. <_<"
There is a Tales of Destiny gamefix, dont know if that'd help at all but are you using it? (sometimes it might help turning it off too I guess). Tried other sound plugins? what's your pcsx2 settings and plugin settings?
No, I'm not using a gamefix, and there's no Tales of Destiny fix in my gamefixes or patches menu. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.6.

[Image: pcsx2.png]
These are my audio settings.
what's your other settings? did you try other sound plugins?

Try the beta
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
I think I may have fixed the problem by using PEOPS SPU2 and setting interpolation to 1...I'll check it out more later.