..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 2 PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems with Kingdom Hearts 2 PAL it runs really slow at around 30 fps I have tried the default graphics plug ins(GSdx890) and the newest revisions at Native resolution in window mode trying both PS 2.0 and 3.0 still big slows I have seen it run well on similar rigs on here.

My System:
Windows XP Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz Stock speeds
2 gig DDR2 RAM
9800GTX Stock speeds

I was also wondering if I were to upgrade to Vista 64 bit or Windows 7 would it run any better?
Yes, Kingdom Hearts 2 gets a HUGE speed increase from DirectX10 in GSdx so upgrading to Vista or Win 7 should give you a huge speed boost.
(10-06-2009, 11:30 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Kingdom Hearts 2 gets a HUGE speed increase from DirectX10 in GSdx so upgrading to Vista or Win 7 should give you a huge speed boost.
Thank you very much for the info Windows 7 here I come (: and and PCSX2 runs well on windows 7?
Sure, it runs fine
Just remember to:
right click on the PCSX2 icon > Properties > Compatibility > tick Run this program as administrator > Apply
unless you turn off UAC. Otherwise you'll have fun reconfiguring all plugins every time you start PCSX2 and enjoy memory card funkyness.
Ok well it didnt work upgrading to Win7 I still drop to 35-40s when people are on the screen out of a max of 50% Sad

Some guy was running it fine on a Core 2 Duo overclocked to 3.16ghz and he had 3gb ram and an 8800GS on Windows Vista and from the look at his vid there were no slow downs I used the same GSDX and config as him to no avail any other idea?
What are your settings because I have 15-40 without speedhacks.What plugins are you using
latest gdsx and the standard gdsx normal settings
(10-06-2009, 05:48 PM)CryptiK Wrote: [ -> ]latest gdsx and the standard gdsx normal settings

I'm asking about your full settings,not just GSdx.
(10-06-2009, 05:52 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2009, 05:48 PM)CryptiK Wrote: [ -> ]latest gdsx and the standard gdsx normal settings

I'm asking about your full settings,not just GSdx.
everything Default.
Pages: 1 2