..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 25 fps, tried multiple configs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm tapping into the infinite wisdom of the internets for some help. Playing both Suikoden III and Suikoden Tactics from disc or iso I get a mad 25 fps max. Here's some specs:

AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-65 2.1 Ghz
4 Gb Ram
ATI Radeon HD 3200 2Mb
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. From looking over the forums my labtop seems to be capable, but somethings not working right I think.
It's your video card primarily, shared memory and not very powerful.
Your computer hardware is very weak, that's why your FPS is low.
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any way around it then? It was originally running at 20 fps but I toyed with it for awhile and got it up to 25. Would the latest beta version help?
Latest beta might help, but may not make a difference. I'd try getting the latest beta, set VU cycle stealing to Moderate, also make sure you're playing at native resolution.

Also, one thing that may help is tweaking the resolution lower than the native. I think it was Saiki (please correct me here if anyone has the link, etc) who made a guide to doing this. Minimum resolution you can run is 384x384, but this has to be tweaked in a config file and then you can't edit the graphics configuration in the emulator or it will revert back to default.
HD3200 laptops has several issues, such as 1GHz mode on battery (so gaming is possible only with power plug on). And 3200 is very hot. Also it's dumb card, so only native mode. But for Mana Khemia 1 this computer is 90% normal.

p.S. Use only small window size -- 3200 could not handle 1024*1024 window quite fast, but 640*480 is o'k.
(10-09-2009, 08:33 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]HD3200 laptops has several issues, such as 1GHz mode on battery (so gaming is possible only with power plug on). And 3200 is very hot. Also it's dumb card, so only native mode. But for Mana Khemia 1 this computer is 90% normal.

p.S. Use only small window size -- 3200 could not handle 1024*1024 window quite fast, but 640*480 is o'k.

There is a manual override on the battery options so thats not a problem. And I tried running at 640x480 but the fps didn't change at all. Ya I only tried native mode.