..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 configuration not saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot because I missed something painfully obvious...

I cannot get any configuration settings to save with 0.9.6

Everytime I boot up the application I get the "pcsx2 needs to be configured" warning, and the configuration window pops up. I configure the thing, including video and controller input, then hit OK button. Then I go back into the configuration window to check everything saved and everything has reverted back to the default selections that were there when I first opened it, and it has completely forgotten my controller key bindings (im binding to the keyboard).

I got some configuration options to save by selecting things one at a time, then saving, then reopening up the configuration window and repeating. I managed to get the game to boot up, but my key bindings didnt save and i could not do anything when the game came up.

And when I exit pcsx2 and start it up again, Im prompted to configure the application again and it is all defaults.
Im at a little bit of a loss what I might be doing wrong.

If I need to post the rig's specs, they can be provided.
Right click PCSX2 icon > Run as Admin

Or, Right click icon > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Tick Run this program as administrator > Apply
(10-12-2009, 11:26 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: [ -> ]Right click PCSX2 icon > Run as Admin

Or, Right click icon > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Tick Run this program as administrator > Apply

Right on the money, that got everything to save and got into the game enough to get the rest of the configurations complete and my controller working with the emulator.

My most sincere thanks.
You could read the FAQ or do a search and find one of the 1000000 billion threads we have about this.
Closed.