..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Any advice on games or plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, Im new here and figured I'd ask the experts or those with similar comp stats about which games would likely be easier for me to play using PCSX2, and also which plugins would likely make the experience better. I am new so please be kind!

I have a Core2Duo [email protected], 4Gb ram, NVidia GeForce 9600M GT

I was looking for some games to play on PCSX2...so far FFX has worked well with some slowdown here and there but still very playable. I tried a couple other games but they were entirely too slow. I like most games besides fighters and sports games, so any suggestions?

Also, as far as plugins...anyone with similar stats have a good setup?

Thanks a ton!
Which games did you try ?

Your CPU isn't very powerful, and your GPU is quite Bad. I think Some very demanding games would thus be unplayable.
Let's just say I'll take what I can get...

I'm not expecting to play Shadows of the Colossus or soemthing...just hoping to find some suggestions for games that will run reasonably well and which plugins might help.

Any help would be awesome!
2d games like disgaea might work.

Kingdom hearts too.
maybe ffX too
I can guarantee pretty much any 2D game should play on that system, I play GGX2 on mine and it's not as good as OP's (see sig).

SSX Tricky also isn't very demanding, I've played at pretty good speeds on trick courses (races with other character on screen causes slowdown though).

Also, Growlanser Generations.

EDIT - Settings will vary from game to game, but don't forget to try speedhacks and see if you gain any performance improvements.

EDIT 2 - I can confirm that KH will run on my specs (at least the 1st area and training section) and should run on yours.
Awesome, thanks for the info and suggestions.

Not so into KH but what about the Shin Megami Tensei series? Do they need high-end specs? Never played them...

I'd say RPGs are likely my fav so any other suggestions in that genre would be great.
I don't own the SMT games anymore (used to have Digital Devil 1 and 2), but I doubt they'd run perfectly on those specs.

Well, it depends on if it uses actual cell shading or just textures that look the part. I've found that cell shaded games are very demanding on the emulator, in my experience running at less than half speed (my test with with Robetech Battlcry, could be an issue with that game in general, plus my system is on the slower end for the emulator).

Best I could say is give it a try, it can't hurt. Hope it works for you, SMT series has some great games.
There's this thread where some low resource games were posted sometime ago: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7807.html

Your specs are ok, use the latest beta tick "native" in GSdx and use speedhacks and you should be fine, even shadow of colossus should be playable using "VU cycle stelaing" speedhack on the beta set to moderate or higher.
Very helpful, thanks for the link!

Shadow Lady, what plugins would probably give the best performance for those games on that thread, at least in your experience?
Pages: 1 2