..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Without any preference for Intel or AMD

Does an AMD Phenom II 955-965 can walk the Square games, Tenkaichi 3 and most games at 60 FPS or do I buy an Intel I5/I7 ...?

My goal is to run at 60 FPS / no fps drop has a resolution of 1680 (using a 4870).

(Rediscovering my PS2 games, in short) + + From PC game Dolphin (for my GC games)

So my main PC is ca.

So no (AMD / Intel fanboy) what should I get?

I do foresee more changes than Intel or AMD's Direct X 11?

Again I thank the developers of the huge job of this emulator, otherwise it would not exist.
If you can afford it, i5 or i7. Otherwise, high end AMD.
The SSE4 really change anything?

I5 The problem is that it will overclock to the PCSX2 and I have no desire to do so ^ ^ '

Unless of course when using the I5 with two core it starts with a single s'overclocker ADR BOX ...

What are the disadvantages of the AMD platform for PCSX2?.
yep it give some fpses
what do you mean with overclock? turbo mode?
disadvantage is SSE2 only
The i5/i7 is an inherently faster architecture, though it's debatable as to whether it's worth the bigger price jump.
So the I5 s'overclock him even when using two core and it puts a 3.2 GHZ ...

Is it more powerful for PCSX2 a E8400 a 3.2?

You've done tests?.
Clock for clock, the i5 is more powerful than any C2D.

And Turbo Boost will overclock as many cores as your work needs.
Basically, if you are using a single threaded application, the i5 or i7 CPU will overclock the one core that is running the application, leaving the others idle. If the work is moderate and requires more than one core, or you have several applications, it would overclock two or more cores, depending on your workload.
Yes but I mean I saw that 750 in the I5 turbo boost mode for 2 core is 3.2 GHZ total ...

So in PCSX 2 it will work in 3.2?

And this was the moment, I5 750 in the 3.2 GHZ / Two core is more powerful than a C2D 3.2?.

If someone has already tested PCSX2 with I5 as I do share ^ ^ '(I'm very undecided: /).
(10-19-2009, 10:33 PM)AtiorNvidia Wrote: [ -> ]So in PCSX 2 it will work in 3.2?
More likely 3.0ghz. 3.2ghz is, I think, the rate for one thread. It scales back a bit for 2 threads of load.

Quote:And this was the moment, I5 750 in the 3.2 GHZ / Two core is more powerful than a C2D 3.2?.

Yes, but not by a whole lot. 1-4% depending on circumstance, possibly a hair more if you have high end DDR3 ram (but don't expect DDR3 to make much of a diff still).
Is there tests PCSX2 under I5? (videos, etc. ...).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12