..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How do I do multi-discs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't figure out how to do multi-disc games, anyone got an idea?
Don't think PCSX2 officially supports disc swapping. According to the Config guide, your best hope of it working is to use the Gigahertz plugin and hope for the best.
i posted about it a while ago and came to the conclusion that it doesn't work...
you're out of luck with multi disk games unfortunately
i tried all kinds of different ways and none worked
Most multi-disk games offer the ability to save before disk swap. Just save, exit, restart, and play with disk 2?
I didn't even know that there were multi disc games for the ps2. What are the names of them?
(10-20-2009, 06:10 PM)Tetsero Wrote: [ -> ]Most multi-disk games offer the ability to save before disk swap. Just save, exit, restart, and play with disk 2?

You can also give save states a shot, that should be more likely to work.
(10-20-2009, 06:14 PM)bkwegoharder Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even know that there were multi disc games for the ps2. What are the names of them?
there are a few out there...
for 'proper' multi-disk games, in my collection i have grandia 3

the game i was asking about before, isn't a multi-disk game as such, but it requires disk swapping to access additional features... these would be the second and third galaxy angel 2 games... i also seem to remember that the original galaxy angel games needed disk swapping to access the bonus (chitose) route

these are just a couple of examples taken from my own collection of games

(10-20-2009, 06:23 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]You can also give save states a shot, that should be more likely to work.
i never thought of that... might be worth a try...
all you do is when it asks for the next disc, just press ESC then change the drive to where the next disk is, then Run-Execute it
(10-20-2009, 06:14 PM)bkwegoharder Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even know that there were multi disc games for the ps2. What are the names of them?

Star Ocean 3 and Grandia 3 are the only ones I can think of.
Pages: 1 2