..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Memory Card Failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've been playing final fantasy X for about a week with no problems. I have been saving the game using a virtual memory card (i used the save spheres in the game, not save states). However, now when I run the game, it randomly has the error message:

Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd001.ps2

The game still runs but my save data is gone and the memory card slots are blank, so I can't save it anymore, even on a new game. Anyone know the problem?

Thanks in advance.
First check if the memory card is still there in the "PCSX2 > memcards" folder, if it's still there it may have been corrupted for whatever reason and you can try recovering it's contents with an app like mymc, but if that app isnt able to read it you may need to delete the current file and start anew. You dont happen to have a savestate close to where you were, do you?

I guess it's also possible that the memcard is just being used by other process in which case you could try to rename the file and use pcsx2 to point at the renamed one.
How do I create a new memcard.ps2 file?

EDIT: I found a blank memcard file on this forum and used the mymc program to extract my save game. Works fine now. Thanks a lot my man!
Lucky for you it was still usable Tongue I suggest you make regular backups of the memcards and use savestates from time to time so if either gets corrupted again you'll get another point to go on from just in case.