..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
It's the RTM version of VS2010 Professional. I dunno where to confirm the path of VCTargetsPath since I'm not a programmer, could you tell me?

But if I can build pcsx2 0.9.7 does that indicate the VCTargetsPath is correct? However it's pcsx2-r2930, newer SVNs may break the compilation.

I've walked through VS2010 of beta1, beta2, RC, and RTM. examined your method regularly but always failed.
(05-06-2010, 11:27 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]It's the RTM version of VS2010 Professional. I dunno where to confirm the path of VCTargetsPath since I'm not a programmer, could you tell me?

Sorry dont know where to confirm it.

(05-06-2010, 11:27 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]But if I can build pcsx2 0.9.7 does that indicate the VCTargetsPath is correct?

Yes

(05-06-2010, 11:27 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]However it's pcsx2-r2930, newer SVNs may break the compilation.
Whoops your are right.

(05-06-2010, 11:27 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]I've walked through VS2010 of beta1, beta2, RC, and RTM. examined your method regularly but always failed.

It should work, the current version in svn also uses
Code:
$(VCTargetsPath)\BuildCustomizations\masm.props

Make sure you changed all occurences, it is defined twice.
It worked this time.

However, I was wondering will it make a difference between your method and my method using VCProjectDefaults' files from VS2010 beta 1? I saw the file size of pcsx2-r2186.exe building from the two methods are exactly the same.
(05-06-2010, 04:40 AM)nipop Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2010, 12:10 AM)dan2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2010, 09:16 PM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]Well the MSDN is carrying VS2010 now so I'll be getting it. Sounds like might not be building with it for now though.

Good news. I just finished updating all VS 2010 project files for PCSX2. It is now included with the current svn build 2930. Release/Debug/Devel will now compile without errors.

PCSX2 SVN Changelog: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=2930
Quote:Changes: Fixed all compile errors in VS 2010. Added support for new
w32pthreads.v4. Fixed all MSB8012 warnings. Fixed LNK419 warnings with
/DELAYLOAD. Fixed issues when compiling Devel before Release. Added GSdx Devel
target. Minor cleanups.

Current warnings not fixed that i know about:
1. c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(xx): warning RC4011: identifier truncated to '_CRT_SECURE_CPP_OVERLOAD_SECURE'
This is caused by an include in the rc files. To fix, simply locate "afxresmw.h" in the rc file associated with the project and change to "afxres.h".
2. warning LNK4070: /OUT:xxx.dll directive in .EXP differs from output filename 'C:\pcsx2-svn\bin\plugins\xxx.dll'; ignoring directive
This is caused by the def file associated with the project. If you comment out the line at the top that starts with "LIBRARY" , it will fix the issue.
3. Win32\Devel\wxCore28\fdrepdlg.obj : warning LNK4042: object specified more than once; extras ignored
This is caused by the following 2 cpp files being named the same:
- .\pcsx2-svn\3rdparty\wxWidgets\src\msw\fdrepdlg.cpp
- .\pcsx2-svn\3rdparty\wxWidgets\src\generic\fdrepdlg.cpp
To fix, you can copy one of the files with a new name then update wxCore28.vcxproj to point to the new file. Be sure to rename the header as well.

Let me know if you guys run into any more issues with VS 2010 so i can fix it.

blood

i get this error, from revison r2936 to latest. (all the ones before worked fine)
6>MainMenuClicks.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Dialogs::McdConfigDialog::McdConfigDialog(class wxWindow *)" (??0McdConfigDialog@Dialogs@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@@Z)
6>CreateMemoryCardDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class wxString __cdecl GetMsg_McdNtfsCompress(void)" (?GetMsg_McdNtfsCompress@@YA?AVwxString@@XZ)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class wxClassInfo Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::ms_classInfo" (?ms_classInfo@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@2VwxClassInfo@@A)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::WaitForTaskDialog(class wxString const &,class wxString const &)" (??0WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@QAE@ABVwxString@@0@Z)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int const pxEvt_ThreadedTaskComplete" (?pxEvt_ThreadedTaskComplete@@3HB)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog:WackohowModal(void)" (?ShowModal@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@UAEHXZ)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class wxClassInfo * __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::GetClassInfo(void)const " (?GetClassInfo@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)
6>C:\pcsx2-read-only\bin\\pcsx2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals

Getting the same. And can indeed compile anything before r2936.
Getting the same..
Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Dialogs::McdConfigDialog::McdConfigDialog(class wxWindow *)" (??0McdConfigDialog@Dialogs@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@@Z) D:\devel\pcsx2\pcsx2\windows\VCprojects\MainMenuClicks.obj pcsx2

etc etc
I strongly advise you to keep using VS2008.
Especially the people that distribute these builds.
The differences in compilers and our highly random bugs (IPU coroutines for example) could create bogus bug reports.

In time we will switch to VS2010, but not yet.
(05-06-2010, 04:40 AM)nipop Wrote: [ -> ]i get this error, from revison r2936 to latest. (all the ones before worked fine)
6>MainMenuClicks.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Dialogs::McdConfigDialog::McdConfigDialog(class wxWindow *)" (??0McdConfigDialog@Dialogs@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@@Z)
6>CreateMemoryCardDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class wxString __cdecl GetMsg_McdNtfsCompress(void)" (?GetMsg_McdNtfsCompress@@YA?AVwxString@@XZ)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class wxClassInfo Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::ms_classInfo" (?ms_classInfo@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@2VwxClassInfo@@A)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::WaitForTaskDialog(class wxString const &,class wxString const &)" (??0WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@QAE@ABVwxString@@0@Z)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int const pxEvt_ThreadedTaskComplete" (?pxEvt_ThreadedTaskComplete@@3HB)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog:WackohowModal(void)" (?ShowModal@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@UAEHXZ)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class wxClassInfo * __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::GetClassInfo(void)const " (?GetClassInfo@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)
6>C:\pcsx2-read-only\bin\\pcsx2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals

These link errors are caused by a problem with the 2010 solution file. The files:
pcsx2\gui\Dialogs\McdConfigDialog.cpp
common\src\Utilities\ThreadingDialogs.cpp
are not included in the PCSX2 project. Adding them in (I used Add->Existing item... to put them under Apphost\Dialogs but you may know better than I, I only know what worked) gets rid of all 7 unresolved externals and allows PCSX2 to compile under VS2010. Enjoy.
(05-13-2010, 10:30 AM)almosthuman Wrote: [ -> ]These link errors are caused by a problem with the 2010 solution file. The files:
pcsx2\gui\Dialogs\McdConfigDialog.cpp
common\src\Utilities\ThreadingDialogs.cpp
are not included in the PCSX2 project. Adding them in (I used Add->Existing item... to put them under Apphost\Dialogs but you may know better than I, I only know what worked) gets rid of all 7 unresolved externals and allows PCSX2 to compile under VS2010. Enjoy.

It worked here on r2996, however you need to add R:\PCSX2_SVN_NEW_GUI\common\include\Utilities; into include directories in VC++ directories in addition, because of error ThreadingDialogs.h not found.

It no longer crashed itself on pcsx2's closing, originally caused by PCSX2 Program log.
Good I was wondering about those when I last tried to compile 2010. Wonder who paid the million bucks got to love the sarcasm in the latest commit comment.

For those trying to compile with VS2010 with the latest SVN
pcsx2\Patch_Memory.cpp
pcsx2\Patch_Obsolete.h

Must be added under pcsx2/Misc
Ok nevermind, found it on /bin folder, maybe I missed some point on the guide. Unsure

However, Microsoft ® Windows Server® 2003 R2 Platform SDK section needs some updating. I can't find the link to download it as it suggest superceding updates named as "Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5". I used the suggested updates, and skipped the part where you need to change the file codings(a file which I couldnt find):
#pragma comment(lib, "atlthunk.lib")

It compiled just fine though, no errors or warnings. And everything seems to be working fine too.

Btw, shouldn't the section 3. be before section 2. on the guide as you need to do that before the section 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36