..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
so using vs 2008 express and directx sdk august give no errors?
Nope, at least on my machine.
(04-06-2010, 04:41 PM)ereboskid Wrote: [ -> ]so using vs 2008 express and directx sdk august give no errors?
Also note that I'm using VS2008 Team Suite on a Win7 x64 machine, and have only ever installed "DirectX SDK (February 2010)", and I get "33 successful, 0 errors" with my setup. I do not remember if I checked "install symbols" or not. I took default settings + whatever the wiki mentioned if it mention anything when installing DX.
(04-06-2010, 07:35 AM)ereboskid Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2010, 06:01 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]I found something interesting. Instead of DirectX SDK (August 2009) I installed DirectX SDK (February 2010). I figured, newer is better, right?

well I got some failures to compile. specifically I got

Rebuild All: 32 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
I just installed DirectX SDK (August 2009) and checked the "install symbols" box (which is off by default), then added it to my DX SDK Feb 2010 install as well and now it successfully compiles with:

Rebuild All: 33 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

I don't know if it was the "DX symbols" option or if the feb 2010 is missing something that was in the august 2009 version, but either way this solved the problem.

can u tell us what vs version r u using and what setting do u apply beside this?

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition, did a clean install of it, on first run told it to configure to C++ development, installed all updates via windows update (using windows 7 64bit), then configured it as per the guide (aka, added the includes as mentioned in the guide and installed ALL the programs as mentioned in the guide).
My one deviation from the guide was installation feb 2010 DX SDK... I installed it with default options instead of checking the one extra component that is not installed by default.
(04-06-2010, 09:17 PM)NvrBst Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2010, 04:41 PM)ereboskid Wrote: [ -> ]so using vs 2008 express and directx sdk august give no errors?
Also note that I'm using VS2008 Team Suite on a Win7 x64 machine, and have only ever installed "DirectX SDK (February 2010)", and I get "33 successful, 0 errors" with my setup. I do not remember if I checked "install symbols" or not. I took default settings + whatever the wiki mentioned if it mention anything when installing DX.

the default setting is to install everything except symbols.
Here is the default installation option for DX SDK... note the DX Symbol Files are not installed by default.
[Image: DXSymbolFiles.png]

After the first time I installed DX SDK (the first one I installed was feb 2010 version), every time I try to install OR uninstall any version of DX SDK I get the following message, I cannot proceed until I press "ignore" (which should, in theory, take care of the file on a restart, in theory).
[Image: d3d10sdklayersdll.png]

All the following tests are when compiling "Release SSE4" and "Win32". I restart after each individual uninstall and each individual install. I clean the solution from within visual studio, then run clean_msvc.cmd, then I use tortoiseSVN "clean up" command between each build. I also always use the "rebuild solution" rather then "build".

uninstalled DX SDK Aug '09
========== Rebuild All: 33 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

uninstalling DX SDK Feb '10 (not that at this point I have no DX SDK installed)
========== Rebuild All: 24 succeeded, 9 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I now install DX SDK Aug 09 without Symbol Files:

Uninstalled DX SDK Aug 09, installed DX SDK Feb 10 with symbol files:

uninstalled DX SDK Feb 10 with symbol files, installed DX SDK Feb 10 without symbol files:

Conclusion:
Two possibilities:
1. My original installation of DX SDK Feb 2010 without symbol files was corrupt (damn unlikely).
2. When I installed DX SDK Aug 09 with symbol files, and DX SDK Feb 2010 with symbol files, something was installed unto my system which remains there even after uninstalling both SDKs... I am not up for a series of full formats right about now to determine which component or version installed it and what is it that was left over.

PS. I'd have specified exactly what is broken but there are so many warnings and minor issues that I am having problems finding the actual part that failed to build.
Maybe it has something to do with the cooler-looking icon of the Aug '09 release. Tongue2

Well, anyway, I also got that 'd3d10sdklayers' error when installing Feb '10.
I'll run another test later.

EDIT
Anyway, just tested a reinstall procedure with Feb '10.
Uninstalled Feb '10 first; 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, chose Ignore, restarted my PC manually.
Uninstalled Aug '09 next; 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, chose Ignore, restarted my PC manually.

Then I try to install Feb '10 again, 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, clicked Abort.
At this time I then turned Aero off.
Tried installing Feb '10 again, 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, clicked Abort.
With Aero still turned off, I restarted my PC.

After the restart with Aero turned off, I then turned off my antivirus (Eset NOD32) too, just in case.
Tried installing Feb '10 and voila, no 'd3d10sdklayers' error.
Tried rebuilding the solution, including xpad, and as expected, 33 succeeded.

Dunno what was fixing the error; turning off Aero or antivirus.

One thing's for sure : when 'd3d10sdklayers' error pops up, don't Ignore it.
That error messes up the SDK installation.
ok.now i just installed vs express 2008, set everything just like code google except Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK, i installed it but it hangs, so i kept using the SDKs for win7, what i realized is, this version can compile PCSX2 and all the null`s except the plugin, i cant get it to work, maybe its because the SDKs, and about atlmfc, i understand that this version doesnt have this thing and the purpose installed the Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK is to resolved the atlmfc, i did try copy my vs 10.0 atlmfc and redirect the include and lib path to my atlmc of vs 10.0 path, its still gives me error, i manage to build success 24 and 9 failed, its the plugin i cant build, how can i solve it?

EDIT: ....i think i need to get Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK to work with my win7...this is the only way..
You probably need to install that SDK to someone's WinXP and then copy off the necessary libraries and headers (the entire folders of it, not just the files).
(04-07-2010, 03:15 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it has something to do with the cooler-looking icon of the Aug '09 release. Tongue2

Well, anyway, I also got that 'd3d10sdklayers' error when installing Feb '10.
I'll run another test later.

EDIT
Anyway, just tested a reinstall procedure with Feb '10.
Uninstalled Feb '10 first; 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, chose Ignore, restarted my PC manually.
Uninstalled Aug '09 next; 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, chose Ignore, restarted my PC manually.

Then I try to install Feb '10 again, 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, clicked Abort.
At this time I then turned Aero off.
Tried installing Feb '10 again, 'd3d10sdklayers' error popped up, clicked Abort.
With Aero still turned off, I restarted my PC.

After the restart with Aero turned off, I then turned off my antivirus (Eset NOD32) too, just in case.
Tried installing Feb '10 and voila, no 'd3d10sdklayers' error.
Tried rebuilding the solution, including xpad, and as expected, 33 succeeded.

Dunno what was fixing the error; turning off Aero or antivirus.

One thing's for sure : when 'd3d10sdklayers' error pops up, don't Ignore it.
That error messes up the SDK installation.

1. the installer explicitly says that if you press ignore it will be updated on a restart
2. it did NOT mess up my installer... on a clean windows install i have install DX SDK 2010... there was NO such error, and it was UNABLE to compile.
I then installed DX SDK 2009, there WAS such an error, I clicked ignore, i restarted... and now it was able to compile! so the error did not in any way shape or form interfere with my ability to compile... that error was just a slightly unrelated issue that i have noticed and was wondering if it interfered with the UNINSTALL... because the UNINSTALL procedure is that one that is defective... because installing both versions with symbol files, then uninstalling both, then install DX2010 without symbol files allows me to compile perfectly... while on the ORIGINAL install of 2010 without smybol files i could not compile... therefore something was NOT deleted when i uninstalled them.
The thing is that I restarted and the error still persisted (xpad not compiling).

When I installed Feb '10, 'd3d10sdklayers' error occured, xpad not compiling.
When I installed Aug '09, no 'd3d10sdklayers' error occured, xpad compiling.
When I reinstalled Feb '10, no 'd3d10sdklayers' error occured, xpad compiling.

That's all there is for me.
Keep in mind that I installed the symbols in both releases, so it has nothing to do with installing symbols.

My example was just trying to create a situation in Win7 where you won't get a 'd3d10sdklayers' error in the first place at time of installation.
YMMV, and it works for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36