..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GS Plugin issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to run PCSX2 0.9.6 on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty. My computer is kind of old and here are a few specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.8 Ghz
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]
Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 [Radeon X300SE]
1 GB RAM
160 GB Hard Drive

If you need any more information, let me know and I'll get it.

My problem lays with the graphics plug in I believe. When using the plugin called "ZeroGS Playground OpenGL 0.96.7," I get an error stating "Error Opening GS Plugin."

I downloaded the ZZogl plugin from another thread. When I move just the plug in, the emulator closes when I try to open the configure menu. When I move both files, the emulator stops responding when I open the configure menu.

I tried to build the ZZogl plugin from source and I get build errors, lots of them.

Is there any way to fix any of these problems so I may use this emulator.
First, you should check dependencies. Did you have proprietary drivers installed? What was written in console before Error Opening message. What version of libGLEW do you have?
I do not have any drivers for my graphics card installed. Whatever Ubuntu uses by default is it.

I'm trying to find drivers for it but I'm having no luck. I find something and try it and nothing happens.

For some reason, there's no console when I load the emulator, but the log file for the GS says:

creating zerogs
Got Doublebuffered Visual!
glX-Version 1.2
Depth 32
you have Direct Rendering!
ZeroGS: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebufer_object for multiple render targets
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: OGL WARNING: multiple render targets not supported, some effects might look bad
ZeroGS: *********
Disabling MRT depth writing

If that helps at all.

I have libglew1.5-dev.
Yes, default drivers is suxx for pcsx2. You need to install proprietary ones -- it's somewhere in system settings, without proprietary drivers pcsx2 would not run, I am certain.

p.S. open terminal window and run pcsx2 from command line, than you'll see all console messages.
In my hardware drivers menu (where I get a list of proprietary drivers), I only have one for my wireless card. Nothing about my video. I tried to install one from the ATI site, but the installer failed. So no driver. I could try again I suppose, but the results will probably be the same.

The console message (aside from telling me the specs on my system) just said the same thing the log I copied said.
I've made a little... "progress" I suppose. I got the emulator to load the configuration menu. But now both GS plugins give that "Error Opening GS Plugin" thing. Here are the logs:

ZZogl:

creating zerogs
Got Doublebuffered Visual!
glX-Version 1.2
Depth 24
you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebufer_object for multiple render targets
ZZogl: *********

ZeroGS:

Same as above.

The Hardware Drivers menu show no proprietary drivers, and the one I downloaded from ATI does not install. It gives this in the terminal:

Created directory fglrx-install.rTcFWq
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.593...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
==================================================
ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
==================================================

Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version
default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.31-14-generic; make sure that the version is being
correctly set by --iscurrentdistro

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.rTcFWq

I'm not sure what that means, except that it doesn't work xD.

So, am I just screwed or is there anything else I can try?
Well, run glxgears -info
Tell me output of this. And if you miss GL_EXT_framebufer_object, you could not use neither ZeroGS, nor ZZogl.