..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emulator shuts down upon starting game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was just using the emulator to play True Crime Streets of LA, but the emulator crashed (I have the tri-ace option checked)
I use the original disc (no mounting, just the PS2 disc in the real disc drive)

I run Windows Vista Home Premium, 4GB RAM and an INTEL Centrino CPU core duo T7500 2.20 GHz

Everything runs fine, teh intro movies play, but when I enter the game menu, it crashes.

The error I get, is this:

"Vtlb miss: addr 0xA, mode 0"

How do I fix this?

Thanks a lot,

Me
Why do you have the tri-ace game option checked when this is not a tri-ace game? That gamefix will likely (and probably HAS) break the game. That's why it's for very specific games made by the company Tri-ace (such as Star Ocean 3).

Also, what version of pcsx2 are you using? Latest stable (0.9.6) or latest beta (rev 1888)?
Also the game has only "Menus" status on the Compatibility List so it's probably you wont get any better anyway, try the latest beta as Koji said but I wouldnt keep my hopes up.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
(11-01-2009, 10:27 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Also the game has only "Menus" status on the Compatibility List so it's probably you wont get any better anyway, try the latest beta as Koji said but I wouldnt keep my hopes up.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Hi all,

Ah, yes, I saw. Sorry about that.

Yet I have another question: upon trying to play Tekken 5 using the emulator, everything runs smoothly untill I get to fight. Then there is no visual anymore of the fighting arena. I only see the health bars, the "ready, fight" line, the time, but no players, no arena. How do I fix this?

Thanks a lot (I do believe Tekken 5 is listed as playable)
Quote:Why do you have the tri-ace game option checked when this is not a tri-ace game?
Please disable all speed hacks and game specific hacks to see if the problem remains.
(11-02-2009, 12:50 PM)Gibrril Wrote: [ -> ]Yet I have another question: upon trying to play Tekken 5 using the emulator, everything runs smoothly untill I get to fight. Then there is no visual anymore of the fighting arena. I only see the health bars, the "ready, fight" line, the time, but no players, no arena. How do I fix this?

Set the "config > advanced" settings to their defaults.