..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 and CPU specs compatability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening ya'll! I've recently began using PCSX2 and it lags a ton, especially on Okami and FFXII. Here's a rundown on my computer specs and I apologize before hand because I am not computer literate.
Windows Vista Home Premium Inspiron 1545
Pentium ® Dual Core Cpu T4200 @2.00 GHZ (I tried to overclock but max is 2.00)
Memory is 3034MB RAM
I have directx 11 but currently, I'm using D3D9 because D3D10 screws up my display.

My video is:
Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express
Total memory is1293MB
I read the stickky, but it doesn't mention Mobile Intel, just Intel. Is that part of the same brand?

I searched around the forum for a bit and found that Intel is pretty non-game oriented. If thats true, is there any hope at all for my laptop to run PCSX2?

And also, my little brother owns a Sony VAIO, but I don't know the specs on that one. So is the Sony a better choice?

Thank you for taking the time in reading this!
You could use PCSX2, but your CPU is a bit on the slow side, so don't expect full speed. Intel GPU's are pretty much limited to DX9, even though they support DX10. Try using speedhacks and see if that helps much.
I'm sory to tell you but i think that system is (very) weak for running any decent stuff on pcsx2.

And...i have no idea what a Sony VAIO is, so...you got 2 choices:
A) Upgrade your PC (if you can afford it)
B) Wait for a better reply (if you can't afford A...pick this on‌e =P)
Thanks. Yeah, I was hoping there was something missing, but I somewhat knew my computer couldn't handle it since I spent literally hours tinkering with speed hacks and cpu. All the speed hacks are up, and it runs ok, but then again, I might just buy a PS3. Thanks for the replies too.

Oh by the way, is the .9.7 beta finished yet? I remember I found a link for it and downloaded it, but then I guess I uninstalled for some reason.
(11-04-2009, 03:57 AM)monroe159 Wrote: [ -> ]All the speed hacks are up, and it runs ok, but then again, I might just buy a PS3. Thanks for the replies too.

Well that's certainly the kind of news Sony likes to hear. Wink

Quote:Oh by the way, is the .9.7 beta finished yet? I remember I found a link for it and downloaded it, but then I guess I uninstalled for some reason.

Not even close. Still many basic necessities lacking from the user interface for it to really be usable as a gaming emulator.