..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.

Here's the thing. Running on the latest PCSX2 build with all the latest versions of plugins, on Win7 and a very strong computer (specs are unimportant considering the issue), I find that Shadow of the Colossus crashes on two occasions:

1. After the opening cutscene (after New Game), just as it transitions into the game itself, PCSX2 simply crashes
2. At some point during the ending

I've tried messing with most of the settings, advanced, speed hacks (tried it with all off), tried different plugins (GSdx and SPU2-X are my defaults), to no avail. I googled it extensively, but have been unable to find any reference to a similar problem. Other than this, SotC runs perfectly. Any ideas?
Can you tell us what version of pcsx2 are you using??.
PCSX2 beta r1888 from Sep 20.
Would either of these situations be considered "heavy" in terms of graphics/amount of animations/characters/etc? I don't have the game so not sure...

I ask because if it is something that pushes your system and your system is either overclocked or overheating that could be the cause of a crash no one else is having.
I think they are considered heavy (at least the opening transition, I'm not so sure about the random crash during the ending), from what I've been reading, but my system is a Core2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16, Radeon HD4850 with 512 MB, and 4 gigs of RAM, it's not overclocked and not overheating (it's only PCSX2 that crashes, not my system), so I've kind of ruled that option out.